Platinim Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by AshleyLandsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Everyone seems to get the same box with a different fragrance sample. For being free - I dig the lip balm and the fragrance sample I got. The lotion is what gets me. It smells like orange ice cream and it's downright gross. 

Boo Platinum Box.
Heck, some of us didn't even get a fragrance sample LOL

Got a response email at 10:00 AM

Your membership has been canceled, thanks for trying us out!-Platinum BoxFeb 3, 2012 12:15:05 AM (timestamp of original cancellation email)

So I guess it is pretty darn easy to cancel. We shall see if any phantom charges spring up on my credit card, though.

I cancelled too - I received 2 of the same samples & no perfume - not that the perfume would have changed my mind.  This was their first box and their first impression and they totally blew it!

I was worried that it was just my box that was less than impressive! I considered throwing the eyeliner right out but in the end I thought that would be too much of a waste. So glad I paid 1 penny for this trial. 

I will say that I do really like the SkinnySkinny organic lip balm. The green tint and herbal smell was off-putting but on the lips it feels very moisturizing so far. Is anyone keeping their subscription? I cancelled mine today.

Hey guys. I can offer a different POV because I signed up for the MEN penny box and received it Friday. I gave It to my boyfriend to open. Inside were three tiny packets of Billy Jealousy white knight facial cleanser, billy jealousy cashmere coat conditioner (my bf is bald though lol)  a pack of Anthony logistics for men glycolic facial cleanser, a Hugo boss cologne sample and a Hanna morai ( I know I'm spelling that wrong) cologne sample.i was happy that he got to have a monthly beauty box for once because they are fun. He loves both colognes he got. The rest, ehhhhhh. It was worth a penny but NOT 10 bucks. I cancelled by emailing them and they gave the same response someone else posted. 

They just emailed me back and said they would refund me:

Vanessa,

We are very sorry for the charge, our platform just had an update, and apparently some customers were still charged after they canceled, you will be refunded asap.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Alyssa Santiago
www.myplatinumbox.com
I will keep an eye on my account to make sure it goes through.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a warning to anyone who canceled already with the promise they won't be charged, I was just charged. I am emailing them now. 

Thanks for the warning!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, the boxes are indeed underwhelming. Glad I didn't sign up for it. Goes to show that with all these new subscription companies coming out that Birchbox is STILL that gold standard despite stupid stuff like food items and coasters.
Birchbox owns up to their issues and mistakes, which is why they retain the "gold standard" status. I appreciate their transparency more and more as I continue to hear about stuff like this, and about GGG and MyGlam. Every now and again I get a dud, but I have never been disappointed in their service.

I would still like to try plantinim box.  Can someone inform me on how they got it for one cent?  Thank you

The 1 cent promo was someone offered prior to their first month's box. I was very disappointed with mine and canceled but will watch the future boxes to see if they get better.

I was curious to see if they sent out anything for February.... it looks like it's the same box, but I noticed they added a shopping section to their site.

Apparently, they don't think it will deter customers to know that the $10 subscription they can sign up for has a face value of $9.25.

1.25 for the eyeliner pencil

2.00 for the lotion sample

6.00 for the chapstick.

Wow. So their retail prices are even less than we had calculated the box value at?

Ugh.  You know, I honestly think I would not have been as disappointed in the box (still probably wouldn't have kept it) if the eyeliner had been useable.  I'm not saying it needed to be a Stila smudge stick or anything, but shoot, ELF, Milani, and even Wet n Wild have cheap eyeliners that are at least USEABLE, and at least they have a brand on them and you know what you're getting.  

Ugh.  You know, I honestly think I would not have been as disappointed in the box (still probably wouldn't have kept it) if the eyeliner had been useable.  I'm not saying it needed to be a Stila smudge stick or anything, but shoot, ELF, Milani, and even Wet n Wild have cheap eyeliners that are at least USEABLE, and at least they have a brand on them and you know what you're getting.  
Omg the liner was terrible. Could do serious damage to the waterline.

I threw the liner away, I wouldn't even let my 11 year old add it to her little collection of makeup.. Pure garbage.

Back