Platinim Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm there arent any charges on my card. When I login it shows that there was a 10 charge on feb 15 but then in parentheses it says free trial. Anyone else? I wish they would send out an email if it's a complimentary box so I understand what is going on.. 

They said the first box was free if you canceled within 2 weeks of receiving it. I think it was 2 weeks. If you didn't cancel, you would be charged for it.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm there arent any charges on my card. When I login it shows that there was a 10 charge on feb 15 but then in parentheses it says free trial. Anyone else? I wish they would send out an email if it's a complimentary box so I understand what is going on.. 

I canceled right away, within a few days of receiving the first, and received email confirmation that it was canceled.

I just thought I would share that even though I had canceled, I did receive two boxes and I was not charged. In my cancellation email I wrote that I love these type of subscriptions and would continue to watch what they offered in the future.. Maybe they are offering as a courtesy? Who knows.  In the woman's box I received a Comodynes Self Tanning Towelette and a Comodynes Easy Peeling New Face Effect Towelette. There was also a 1oz. Bottle of Earthly Body Marrakesh Hight Tide Shampoo and also 1oz. Bottle of the conditioner. I would have been disappointed if I had paid for this as I don't think it even covers the $10 cost.. The men's box (very surprised to see this) included two .33oz sample packets of Kyoku BDY-WS WATER: body wash, three little Xela Pack style samples (where you tear off the top) of Anthony After Shave Balm, three bigger sized Xela Pack style of Anthony Algae Facial Cleanser and a 2oz bottle of Billy Jealousy Hydroplane ('super-slick shave cream).   I can't wait for my husband to try them out.  Even though there was so many little packets, it was nice that at least a guy could give it several tries.. This was much better than the women's, IMO.  

My boyfriend LOVES the Kyoku Body Wash! He says it smells similar to Burberry London for men. He's been completely happy with his Platinum boxes but I totally agree that they're much much better than the women's!

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just thought I would share that even though I had canceled, I did receive two boxes and I was not charged. In my cancellation email I wrote that I love these type of subscriptions and would continue to watch what they offered in the future.. Maybe they are offering as a courtesy? Who knows. 
In the woman's box I received a Comodynes Self Tanning Towelette and a Comodynes Easy Peeling New Face Effect Towelette. There was also a 1oz. Bottle of Earthly Body Marrakesh Hight Tide Shampoo and also 1oz. Bottle of the conditioner. I would have been disappointed if I had paid for this as I don't think it even covers the $10 cost..
The men's box (very surprised to see this) included two .33oz sample packets of Kyoku BDY-WS WATER: body wash, three little Xela Pack style samples (where you tear off the top) of Anthony After Shave Balm, three bigger sized Xela Pack style of Anthony Algae Facial Cleanser and a 2oz bottle of Billy Jealousy Hydroplane ('super-slick shave cream). 
 I can't wait for my husband to try them out.  Even though there was so many little packets, it was nice that at least a guy could give it several tries.. This was much better than the women's, IMO.  

Received this month's box and am completely underwhelmed... only 3 samples and no product cards:

Comodynes Beauty-Flash Lifting Effect Beauty Spray (0.05 fl. oz / 1.5mL) - mini sprayer inside bag

Earthly Body Hemp Seed Hand & Body Lotion in Dreamscicle (1 oz / 30mL) - smells lightly of oranges

Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Sample in Night Swin (shimmery navy blue powder eyeshadow)

I will try all three of these to see how I like the pigment in the eye shadow (I love blues), how well this lifting spray really works and I've already tried the lotion on my hands, which tends to get dry after I wash them.

But 3 samples is kinda stingy.

Received this month's box and am completely underwhelmed... only 3 samples and no product cards: Comodynes Beauty-Flash Lifting Effect Beauty Spray (0.05 fl. oz / 1.5mL) - mini sprayer inside bag Earthly Body Hemp Seed Hand & Body Lotion in Dreamscicle (1 oz / 30mL) - smells lightly of oranges Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Sample in Night Swin (shimmery navy blue powder eyeshadow) I will try all three of these to see how I like the pigment in the eye shadow (I love blues), how well this lifting spray really works and I've already tried the lotion on my hands, which tends to get dry after I wash them. But 3 samples is kinda stingy.
Yea, it was really terrible. I cancelled.

Originally Posted by AsianGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Received this month's box and am completely underwhelmed... only 3 samples and no product cards:

Comodynes Beauty-Flash Lifting Effect Beauty Spray (0.05 fl. oz / 1.5mL) - mini sprayer inside bag

Earthly Body Hemp Seed Hand & Body Lotion in Dreamscicle (1 oz / 30mL) - smells lightly of oranges

Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Sample in Night Swin (shimmery navy blue powder eyeshadow)

I will try all three of these to see how I like the pigment in the eye shadow (I love blues), how well this lifting spray really works and I've already tried the lotion on my hands, which tends to get dry after I wash them.

Oh I would be PISSED because that Coastal Scents sample is a FREE item with any purchase. I know because I use to order from Coastal Scents and the freebie that came was in that tiny container. A larger sample - which you pay for - comes in a different container with a screw top.

WOW! how underwhelming! I am glad I canceled last month, I would have been very disappointed with this! 

Originally Posted by AsianGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, that is pretty bad for a sample box.  I received a free box from them in Jan or Feb, and it had that same Earthly body lotion in it.  This company should be ashamed of themselves for sending out boxes this bad.

I have been getting free boxes every month even though I canceled.. My mouth dropped open when I opened this one. A free sample and a repeat lotion from Jan plus one more item? SERIOUSLY?? I would be very upset if I had paid for that.

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What exactly is a lifting spray?
From http://www.comodynes.net/beauty-flash/

Instant beauty spray with lifting effect. With firming and toning plant extracts. Shock treatment for improving tone and smoothing features in record time. Ideal for use in case of jet-lag, lack of sleep, and before make-up. It clears signs of tiredness and provides smooth and bright skin within 1 minute. Make-up stays perfect for up to 8 hours.

Convenient Pack:
Safe, practical and light. Ideal to carry and use anywhere.

Clinical tests show an 88% firming effect

Application:
spray mist onto clean skin of the face and neck, avoiding contact with the eyes. Recommended for all skin types. Each spray contains 2 applications to give the skin long-lasting radiance.

I received another free box.. -1oz Marrakesh High Tide Shampoo (was also in their second box) -Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Deep Teal -Coastal scents undercover ST-01 High Def foundation foil sample -Coastal Scents blush sample in Bordeaux (the same things as their free sample) I'm not sure the total of this is even worth ten bucks??

Back