Platinim Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up, since the women's box is supposed to start up in February. I haven't really seen much about their service for men, and I admit that I am a bit leery of being unable to unsubscribe. But, hey....I'll give it a shot!

mmmmm IDK I see an awful lot of perfume/cologne samples in all their pictures. maybe will wait and see after the first boxes go out.

Well, we all know that the promo pics can be deceiving, but here's what I could suss out of what's in the promo pic for the female box:

Bliss Fabulous Foaming Facewash

3 vials that are probably either oil or perfume

A Josie Maran product that looks like the whipped argan oil body butter

One of those tubes that is used for creamy products such as lotion or masks

A pump-spray bottle that in the second picture has a plain white label on it, making me think it's some sort of facial mist

A canister that looks like it would dispense some sort of foamy product (mousse? shaving cream?). The second pic of this shows some of the lettering, but all I could make out was the letters "OW"

it's 9.99 - but the first one is 1 cent. It's a promo.

The only thing that weirds me out is I posted a comment on their Facebook page asking about what the women's box is to be expected - other women liked the comment and agreed - and the company deleted the comment. I was a little surprised. Don't most companies use social media tools for outreach? I know MyGlam uses it so much, the're using it to troubleshoot angry customers. It's kinda weird 
unsure.gif

Originally Posted by cappuccino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How much is this one monthly?

From their FAQ:

What is your cancellation policy? There are no fees associated with canceling a membership. Simply log in and cancel your membership under membership details. Or you can contact us at [email protected] if you want us to cancel your membership.
Not liking the final sale policy at all

Yep, I will be unsubscribing this one ASAP.

A (very hard) long black eyeliner marked Professional Make-Up (could not find a price)

1 oz Earthly Body Dreamsicle Hemp Seed Hand & Body Moisturizer (.96 based on Amazon price, 1.37 based on list price)

SkinnySkinny lip balm in Tea Tree & Mint ($6)

2 packets (not sure of size) Shaveworks The Cool Fix Post-Shaving Gel Lotion (2 oz of this retails for $13)

Underwhelmed is an understatement. The items in this particular box add up to roughly $10 retail, but....

1) The eyeliner sucks. Very hard, and reminded me of the ones you can buy at the nameless stands in the flea market

2) While the lotion is all right, the packaging isn't awesome; you would need a spatula to properly get it out of the bottle

3) Duplicate samples of one item? Eh, ok, some things need repeated uses to see how they work for you--but if it says "You should see results in one week", then anything less than a week's supply is sort of a waste.

4) Even though the point of samplers is to try things outside of your normal routine, none of these were brands of which I had heard. From the website, it seemed as if they were pushing this as much more of a high-end box, and...it's simply NOT. I'm not averse to trying new companies, but this seemed....very MEH.

5) From a value standpoint, if the total value of a sample box is the same amount as you are paying for it, it's sort of a waste. You could as easily spend the same amount on products that you WANT to try out. 

6) Shouldn't the first box be kind of a "wow", to encourage customers? If this were my third or fourth box, it wouldn't have been quite as disappointing, I suppose, but when doing a product launch, you should always put your "best foot" forward. This foot, however, has hairy eagle toes and crusty yellow nails.

Since their FAQ says you can cancel via "membership details" in "my account", I did go looking for that option. As it was not there, I emailed them. We shall see how long it takes for them to process the cancellation. Disappointing.

Aw, that sucks, sorry it was such a let down. 

Let us know how the cancellation goes.

Wow, the boxes are indeed underwhelming. Glad I didn't sign up for it. Goes to show that with all these new subscription companies coming out that Birchbox is STILL that gold standard despite stupid stuff like food items and coasters.

Haha oh the imagery.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If this were my third or fourth box, it wouldn't have been quite as disappointing, I suppose, but when doing a product launch, you should always put your "best foot" forward. This foot, however, has hairy eagle toes and crusty yellow nails.

Everyone seems to get the same box with a different fragrance sample. For being free - I dig the lip balm and the fragrance sample I got. The lotion is what gets me. It smells like orange ice cream and it's downright gross. 

Boo Platinum Box.

Wow! I was curious about this sample box company so thanks for the honest review!

Latest posts

Back