Please help if you can.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am wanting to try Ponds cold cream, and have been reading its reviews and not sure if should or not. I have tried Clinique's take the day off balm and I did like it but my face did feel kinda dry and the reviews for it mostly said the same thing. I have also heard the mineral oil in both are not good for you to use in the long run. Anybody use ponds cold cream or currently using, you guys are awesome here and would really like your opinions before I go spend the money. I has got the rep of being an oldie but goodie and it seems all of our grandma's and mom's swear by it.

I have tried it but preferably I like the other one by ponds, it looks EXACTLY like the cold green except it has a green lid and is actually labelled as a make up remover. It's not as thick and works really well, better in my opinion. I've seen it at Walmart, it should be pretty much right next to the cold cream. Good luck, I hope you find something you like

My granny used to use it so I decided to try. And it is really heavy and oily. It does remove foundation and stuff, but it doesn't do a good job with eye makeup (I use baby or olive oil for that). And I washed my face like 2 times after just so I could get that oily feeling gone...

Good luck hunting tho...

A true cleanser should be easily removed. I hate that greasy residue that some cleansers leave behind.

I don't like it because my skin does not go well with mineral oil. They sell a small version of the cold cream. Maybe you should buy the small version to test it out.
smile.gif

My mom has used the stuff for years and swears by it, I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin though it's pretty thick

It's heavy, oily and greasy as the others have said. I use it mainly for removing lipstick but I dislike the taste. I have occasionally used it on my skin for makeup remover, tissued it off and washed my face with soap. In the morning my skin was very soft. I got the hint that I should moisurise more.

My skin was oily and is getting dryer. If your skin is dry then it might work for you. It wouldn't hurt to try one jar of Pond's.

With love,

Ruthie

Originally Posted by proudmommy2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am wanting to try Ponds cold cream, and have been reading its reviews and not sure if should or not. I have tried Clinique's take the day off balm and I did like it but my face did feel kinda dry and the reviews for it mostly said the same thing. I have also heard the mineral oil in both are not good for you to use in the long run. Anybody use ponds cold cream or currently using, you guys are awesome here and would really like your opinions before I go spend the money. I has got the rep of being an oldie but goodie and it seems all of our grandma's and mom's swear by it. Thank you everyone!

try dove silk glow

amazinggggggg product!!

it actually makes your skin silky..honestly..

and u get rid of pimples as well..

worked for me like a charm!!

Latest posts

Back