Please help me! I´m an absolute NEWBIE!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ! ! !

First of all I like to introduce myself:

My name is Sabrina and I am from Germany. I am a 24 year-old girl and my english is not that good!
icon_sad.gif
I hope you will understand me anyway!
icon_neutral.gif

By a fluke I found that great page. I am so happy about it and I cannot express how curious I am to find out tricks and suggestions how to create a good make up! You have to know that I am an absolute NEWBIE in that kind of stuff!
icon_cry.gif

But I am willing to learn!!!

But first of all, I would like to please you for help! What colours would you guys commend me for face make up? (especially blush, eye-shadow and lips)

And what color do you think would fit best for my hairs? I am so despaired of it!

I try to add some pictures (one of me and the others of hair cuts and colors which I adore that much)! I would be so happy if you will take the pains (don´t know if this is the right expression) to help me!

Thank you so much!!!!!!
icon_wink.gif

Nice greetings from your new member,

Sabrina
icon_cool.gif

P.S. On the 4th picture it´s me.

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Hi ! ! !

My name is Sabrina and I am from Germany. I am a 24 year-old girl and my english is not that good!
icon_sad.gif
icon_neutral.gif

By a fluke I found that great page. I am so happy about it and I cannot express how curious I am to find out tricks and suggestions how to create a good make up! You have to know that I am an absolute NEWBIE in that kind of stuff!
icon_cry.gif

But first of all, I would like to please you for help! What colours would you guys commend me for face make up? (especially blush, eye-shadow and lips)

And what color do you think would fit best for my hairs? I am so despaired of it!

I try to add some pictures (one of me and the others of hair cuts and colors which I adore that much)! I would be so happy if you will take the pains (don´t know if this is the right expression) to help me!

Thank you so much!!!!!!
icon_wink.gif

Sabrina
icon_cool.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Sabrina welcome to MUT,I'm Sophia 21 years old,from Greece!You have very beautiful eyes and I think green and blue eyeshadows would be perfect on you!!

No, it's not you! It cannot be true!!! Are you a model or something? You are stunning! Oh oops. Heißen Sie Willkommen zu MakeupTalk, der glücklichste Ort auf Erden or Welcome to MakeupTalk from one of the only guys on here. Plus I am the admin here. Wishing a warm welcome and lookig forwards to all your posts.

Make sure you check out the FOTD forums here.

Again,

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany

Hi ! ! !

icon_sad.gif
icon_neutral.gif

icon_cry.gif

Thank you so much!!!!!!
icon_wink.gif

Sabrina
icon_cool.gif

Hi to you all!
icon_biggrin.gif

I was trying to create my notepad when I saw that there are already replies to my post!
icon_redface.gif
I don´t know why but I am totally ashamed (I guess it´s about my first posting in ENGLISH)!

I thank you soooo much for your answers!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I am feeling very welcome- that´s a nice feeling!

Sophia: Thank you a lot. Blue and green are the colors I like very much! I went to a beauty-store here in Germany and the Mac make up- salesgirl told me to use orange. She told me that you always have to use opposite color to your eyes to put accentuate the best! I was very sad when I heard that- as you have to know I think orange is an awful color!
icon_cry.gif
So I am so happy about your suggestions!!!!!
claps.gif

Tony (Admin): Hi Tony! Thx for your special and warm welcome! You made me kind of ashamed that much. I am visiting that forum to look better in future. It would be one of my biggest dreams to do my own good make up. I am awful in that things at the moment! Luckily I found this excellent forum!
icon_wink.gif
Hey, do you speak german or was it an translator that helped you out????
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Charmaine: Hi ya! Yeah, I currently wear make up. But I am always feeling like I am wearing the wrong colors. They often does not fit together. I also don´t know how to applicate the colors and what I do wrong. I tried to copy some of the looks shown in that forum but it looked so terrible on me. I am so awkward in that!
icon_sad.gif
Perhaps it depends a little bit on the No Name-brands I am using! I would like to buy more expensive ones but previously I would like to find out which colors are best for me! I hope I will find out !!!
icon_wink.gif
But I guess that´s not so easy. All the girls on this forum are experts on that field. Your make up looks so indiscribable. Perhaps I can learn just a little bit- that would be enough!!!

P.S. Sorry if it takes so much time for me to write back but I have to concentrate so much while writing! Furthermore it is 12.09 pm here in Germany (but we got holidays at the moment!;-)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz hi! welcome to mut! i'm liz from california. Hi Liz!
It may sound funny, but I already know you from your current posts. I am reading them for a few days. So I know YOU guys better than YOU know ME!
icon_wink.gif
(Oh my gosh: my english is so circumstantial. Hope you can understand what I am trying to say!)

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Hi Liz!
It may sound funny, but I already know you from your current posts. I am reading them for a few days. So I know YOU guys better than YOU know ME!
icon_wink.gif
(Oh my gosh: my english is so circumstantial. Hope you can understand what I am trying to say!)

LOL! it's no problem. i lurked for about a month before i started to really post! we look forward to more posts from you! don't worry about your english either. We have a lot of non-USA members and are glad to have them all!

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany

Hi to you all!
icon_biggrin.gif

I was trying to create my notepad when I saw that there are already replies to my post!
icon_redface.gif
I don´t know why but I am totally ashamed (I guess it´s about my first posting in ENGLISH)!

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sophia: Thank you a lot. Blue and green are the colors I like very much! I went to a beauty-store here in Germany and the Mac make up- salesgirl told me to use orange. She told me that you always have to use opposite color to your eyes to put accentuate the best! I was very sad when I heard that- as you have to know I think orange is an awful color!
icon_cry.gif
claps.gif

Tony (Admin): Hi Tony! Thx for your special and warm welcome! You made me kind of ashamed that much. I am visiting that forum to look better in future. It would be one of my biggest dreams to do my own good make up. I am awful in that things at the moment! Luckily I found this excellent forum!
icon_wink.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Charmaine: Hi ya! Yeah, I currently wear make up. But I am always feeling like I am wearing the wrong colors. They often does not fit together. I also don´t know how to applicate the colors and what I do wrong. I tried to copy some of the looks shown in that forum but it looked so terrible on me. I am so awkward in that!
icon_sad.gif
Perhaps it depends a little bit on the No Name-brands I am using! I would like to buy more expensive ones but previously I would like to find out which colors are best for me! I hope I will find out !!!
icon_wink.gif
But I guess that´s not so easy. All the girls on this forum are experts on that field. Your make up looks so indiscribable. Perhaps I can learn just a little bit- that would be enough!!!

P.S. Sorry if it takes so much time for me to write back but I have to concentrate so much while writing! Furthermore it is 12.09 pm here in Germany (but we got holidays at the moment!;-)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Sabrina! My German was from a tranlator https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies/frown.gif lol. But i just wanted to welcome you. Don't be ashamed, OMG you are very pretty. Anyhow...welcome again and you will see that MakeupTalk isn't all about makeup, but allot of fun etc.

Hi Sabrina, and welcome to MUT! I'm the one that should really feel embarrased, I'm almost 100% German and I don't know how to speak german at all. I have been Americanized
icon_biggrin.gif
But you are an absolutely gorgeous girl! And I totally agree with the orange eyeshadow, I think it would look amazing on you. Orange eyeshadow would complement your brown hair as well as really bring out your beautiful blue eyes. Also I think that silver and gold eyeshadow would look amazing on you. I recommend buying the rocket city eyeshadow trio in Beam Me Up. Also I think that a pink eyeshadow would look amazing on you. Also I think that a lot of other eyeshadows would look amazing on you, your one of those kind of girls who could get away with wearing almost any shade of eyeshadow.

Nice to see more and more new faces
smile.gif
Welcome! And don't hasitate, your English is better then my!!! But even if we are not perfect in writing is not a shame! We are not native speakers so we do mistakes. But the most important is that ppl understand what we mean
smile.gif

I hope to see u also in FOTD forum with different make ups
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Hi to you all!
icon_biggrin.gif

icon_redface.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_cry.gif
claps.gif

icon_wink.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_sad.gif
icon_wink.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sabrina I have the same problem with you!Very often I feel that I'm wearing the wrong colors and I do the wrong matches.But I discovered what to do a few months ago.I love Stila eyeshadows and when I go to the Stila MUA,who by the way I trust her because I've bought many things that she suggest me,I tell her what colors should I buy and she gives me exactly what matches with my skintone and my eyes!I suggest you to find the make up brand that you like and the MUA will tell you what colors are JUST FOR YOU!!!https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hey Sabrina!! Welcome to MuT! I am Tasha from Missouri. I agree you are totally beautiful. And don't worry about your english, we all know what you are trying to say. If I were you, I would just play around with different colors to find what YOU think looks best. And if you need to learn some technique of how to apply it, just go to a makeup counter and ask if they can help you. Just tell them that you are new at applying makeup and aren't sure how to do it properly. Also, by just playing around with it yourself, you could probably get the hang of it soon. And don't feel silly. We all weren't born knowing how to make ourselves look this way, it took a little practice.
icon_biggrin.gif
I agree though, you could probably wear any color and it would look just fine.

Welcome Sabrina! You're very pretty. I'm Ericka from Missouri.

The ladies here are so helpful---I've learned a lot. Enjoy.

Welcome to MUT Sabrina. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Sabrina, I'm Diana and I'm from germany, too! You are a very, very pretty girl and I adore your hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

Hey Sabrina! I'm JAnelle from NY - nice to meet you!!!

You are so pretty!! I think I might have to head over to Europe - there must be something in the water, bc/all our foreign MuT's are gorgeous!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Welcome aboard!!

And I think the colors you have on in your pic are perfect on you!
wink.gif

hi sabrina ane welcome to mut. i'm monnie from michigan and this is the place for anything you want to know about makeup. glad you found us!
claps.gif

Hi again!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

I am so delighted that everyone here is so kind and helpful! It is such a nice feeling that everyone tries to take my shame away for asking stupid "beginner questions"!!! I appreciate that so much!!!
icon_razz.gif

@Midgard: It´s so funny even to meet a german girl here! Where in Germany do you live?

FeistyFemme, monniej, Midgard, Marisol, CWHF, tashbash, Sophia, Mirtilla, Trisha, kurczak, FairyRave,... THX so much for your replies! ! !

I have to tell you something: Today I went to the Mac counter and the make up counter woman made up my eyes with four different colors----> that feeling was so indescribable cool!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I was so nervous and curious about spectating how she does it. She was a very nice girl and she revealed me some tricks about eye make up: for example to apply black kajal to the upper inner rimms to recieve fuller lashes.

She used toe following eye shadow colors: Aquadisiac, Nehru, Swish, Jewel Blue

Now, I cannot await your opinion! ! ! (Please feel free to say if it does not fit!!I was scared and sad how awful my eyebrows look! Do you have any good advices for me???)

Bye for today...

XXX, Sabrina

Latest posts

Back