Poll:occupation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jen Karri Ann, do you work at the paper mill in Camas? no, i work at the paper mill in Oregon City. Blue Heron. It was called Smurfit when you were out here last. my mill and the Camas mill are under the same union though. and both mills are going through contract negotiations right now. we may strike. we'll see
frown.gif

i consider myself an esthetician. i work in a day spa every chance i get. i take clients on my lunch hour, in the evenings, and on the weekends. accounting pays the big bills. still trying to build my customer base so that i can do esthetics full time. i've been an accountant for 25 years, so the transition is alittle hard, but i up for the challenge. i also have a retail home party business selling bath and body products and lingerie. i believe that the more energy you put in the more rewards you get out, so i'm on a mission!
icon_razz.gif

I guess you can say I'm self-employed. We have a commerical contracting business, which as of late my father refuses to have any part of. He says he's put in his time and now it's someone else's turn. Not exactly what I would have chosen as a career path, but I love to see how projects progress from start to finish. Since I'm the only child, I thought it would be sad to just up and close down the business after all these years and all his hard work, just because dad felt it was time to retire in his mid-50s. It's one of those careers where you have to really speak up to be heard and stand your ground if you're a female, otherwise others will look for the nearest male-in-charge. I hate being under-estimated, but it definitely works to my advantage.

I work in a veterinary clinic...my official title is receptionist but that's not an accurate description. I do work in the front office but I also do a lot of work in the pharmacy. I assist with animals sometimes too. It's a really fun job and I am learning so much. It's a really laid back office too so it's pretty fun everyday!

However...! This is not a career to me, it's just a job. I want to go to school to be a MUA/esthetician/hairstylist...anything in the beauty field! I've been saying it forever but so far I haven't been able to make it happen. But that's my goal and it will come true!

Oh and I'm a single mom to 3 awesome kids!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm a registered nurse and I do disease management for a large non-profit insurance company. The hours are great 10AM til 8 PM....Monday thru Thursday so I have a 3 day weekend every week! The job itself is kind of boring, but a little boredom is the way to go right now. I have major burnout.

Back