Pomade / matte wax for Thin Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have thin, long hair and i am looking for a pomade/matte wax to define my layers or brush back my jaw-length layers away from my face.

is there any thing out there that won't weigh my hair down, but give me control and definition?

ISO's Surfer Sexwax is pretty cool stuff... but it is quite 'pasty' - so you'd only use a tiny bit on your fingertips to do your whole look... and of course... my fav. brand... SexyHair Concepts
icon_cheesygrin.gif
They have zblade which is pretty neat... and a lot of the styling products for the shortsexy line have a lot of waxes/pomades that you can try... here's a pic of zblade...
wink.gif

zblade.JPG

Since it's hard to read, the box says:

• Controls like a wax with the ease of a foam dispenser
  • Delivers a medium hold, and never weighs hair down
  • Gives hair that untamed, wild look with extra dimention and texture
  • Use on wet hair or dry hair

I'm looking for a good pomade/wax too... Any you can get at drugstores? Got2b any good? I was going to buy those.

or Physique Precision Wax?
icon_confused.gif

My hair is up to my shoulder, it's layered too and it's not thick it's pretty thin in fact.

Originally Posted by bebexkhmergrl I'm looking for a good pomade/wax too... Any you can get at drugstores? Got2b any good? I was going to buy those.
or Physique Precision Wax?
icon_confused.gif

My hair is up to my shoulder, it's layered too and it's not thick it's pretty thin in fact.

Physique is pretty good... the Got2B - has a pomade out called 'playful' that works nicely. You just have to remember to only use a little bit if your hair is fine - or else it'll be weighed down & look dirty.
wink.gif

I like Got2be Playful-kind of smells like vanilla frosting and works pretty well. My fav is Short Sexy Hair pomade (the white pomade) and I will also use KMS Hair play.

Originally Posted by peekaboo I like Got2be Playful-kind of smells like vanilla frosting and works pretty well. My fav is Short Sexy Hair pomade (the white pomade) and I will also use KMS Hair play. lol.
icon_lol.gif
I know it does! I like how it's creme and it feels nice and whipped.That makes my hair smell like a cake.=) I like it.

I have another question. Is wax any good for wilder styles. like I wanna make a few spikes on my hair.
biggrin.gif

I was going to try that Got2b hair putty stuff but I don't know if it will make my hair stay how I want it.

so what kind of wax is good?

Originally Posted by bebexkhmergrl lol.
icon_lol.gif
I know it does! I like how it's creme and it feels nice and whipped.That makes my hair smell like a cake.=) I like it.

I have another question. Is wax any good for wilder styles. like I wanna make a few spikes on my hair.
biggrin.gif

I was going to try that Got2b hair putty stuff but I don't know if it will make my hair stay how I want it.

so what kind of wax is good?

I would try the shortsexy products for that - they have so many putty, waxes and gels for that type of style... I used to use them all the time on people - and my ex boyfriends... lol
wink.gif

I buy my products at Trade Secrets and at the salon in Canada. If you go to Sexy Hair Concepts site www.sexyhairconcepts.com (it is a flash site) you can learn about the products and there is a "where to find" area where you can enter your zip code and find salons. There are alot of online retailers..just doing a quick search turned up alot, but I have never ordered any products online being that I am outside the US. Another product that my bf used to use was Got2be glued-spiking glue..it had pretty good "spiking' hold. Another as well is Garniers Fructis Surf Wax-for a matte look.

Latest posts

Back