POP Beauty Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
As part of Ipsy's February bag members received POP Beauty Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara. Did you receive this or already own it? What did you think of it? Would you recommend it?

"This lash-POP-ing mascara makes lashes plump, long and lusciously flirty! Smudge proof formula adds volume while curling lashes up and out for a look that truly POPs your peepers!

POP your skills:
1. Curl lashes as close to the root as possible.
2. Jiggle the wand from the root to the middle of the lash.
3. Repeat twice, wait a few seconds in-between, letting each layer dry.
4. Jiggle 3rd layer all the way to the tip of the lashes.
5. To reach small and stray lashes – turn the brush vertically and apply."

~Quoted from Ipsy

Here are a couple quick snapshots I took. With the Pop Beauty Lash Kapow, two coats with an extra couple swipes on the outside corner on the left (top lashes only), and without on the right. I took a shot of it in my hand just so people could see the size we got in our Ipsy Glam Bags.

I really like this mascara and it has replaced my old ELF one for now. I think it makes my eyes look bigger and more open. Definitely more lengthening than volume, but I have gotten decent volume if I concentrate more on the base than I did here. Not sure I would pay full price for it, but I am definitely happy to have gotten it in my Glam Bag ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For those that don't like the brush don't throw the mascara away if you like the formula, just use a different mascara brush that you like. You can also use mascaras as an eyeliner if you use an eyeliner brush. Remember mascaras are eye safe and waterproof mascaras tend to make a good eyeliner.

I like it. I don't think it's special enough to purchase, but I'm happy to use up this tube. I also don't get the complaints about the brush, because to me it is a pretty standard brush, albeit nothing special, and does its job.

I got this in Ipsy and I own the full-size, in all three colors (brown, black and blue). I actually haven't tried it yet (I have having more than one mascara open at a time), but I did look at the brush on one. IDK what brush in the sample size from Ipsy (since I haven't opened it yet), but the one on the full-size is a bit odd and I'm a teensy bit confused about how to apply it, but we shall see:)

Latest posts

Back