Popsugar Must Have July 2016 box *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty underwhelmed, to be honest. Napkins? Ok..I'll use them but how boring. I like the swan float, but I don't see myself getting into a pool at any time this summer, so it's kind of useless. Don't like the hair product. I don't use pins. And I don't even know what a brow highlighter is, but I'm pretty sure I'll never use it.

This blog has some good pics of the items. Thanks Jen! http://subscriptionboxramblings.com/2016/07/july-2016-popsugar-must-have-box-full-spoilers/ Looks like the brow highlight is used just liked you d use a reg. highlight under the brow bone. Never knew they made specific ones for that purpose. The scarf annoys me the more I see it--- it looks lovely and I normally love scarves but its awfully similar to the thing they sent last month- are you supposed to wear the sarong and coordinated scarf together LOL. Very bizarre to me-- its interesting they sent a brow kit, a scarf, and paper napkins last summer too- brows, scarves, and napkins ahhh good ole summer time lol. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing in this box that really interests me. I don't have a pool so the float will go up for swap. And the pin, I don't wear them and don't care for pineapple's....except to eat them LOL. I'm interested in trying the hair product, as I do color my hair and live in the hot south, so will give it a try. And of course I'll eat the chips .... ha.

I really hope August's box is much better, this one is a dud for me. 

I got my box today too and it's not really for me. Hoping for a better next month although I might cancel. I need to cut back on my boxes and this seems like a perfect one to let go at this point along with Glossybox.

I'm passing on this one. I wonder if they switch out curators and if they do, whoever did February needs to come back! That box was my favorite this year.

Sad to say I cancelled PSMH yesterday.  They are going to have to step it up if they want to reel back in customers like me who are not in whatever demographic they seemed to be trying to reach :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box today too and it's not really for me. Hoping for a better next month although I might cancel. I need to cut back on my boxes and this seems like a perfect one to let go at this point along with Glossybox.
I have 3 more months on a prepaid subscription, and after that unless their boxes improve greatly I won't be renewing. I haven't been really happy with the last few boxes. And I need to reduce my subscriptions as well, have way too many and too much stuff! Especially to be getting more stuff I can't use at all, like the majority of this box. Hope August is better. 

I'm going to be out of town for a few days and I've been stressing about my box just getting dumped on my porch and stolen. Now I don't care, the poor thieves can have it, lol!
Ha!  Imagine the thief's face when he/she discovers he/she has stolen an inflatable swan and a pineapple pin LOL.  Hope you are going somewhere fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Safe travels!

I should get my box tomorrow! Yay for chips with my lunch!

Sadly the pool float will go up for swap or sale. I'm a stones throw from the Atlantic so we don't go to pools.... there are not even that many around since most people go to the beach.

I'm not sure about the pineapple pin, maybe my mom will like it? Clearly PS is on a pineapple tread this summer with the mini box item.

I think I'll dig the hair care item, scarf and brow highlighter. Anyone do any diggin on the gift card?

well this box...meh....of course i love scarfs..i may or may not have a problem. I checked out Trove website and there is nothing that catches my eye so if anyone wants it PM me. i don't have my box yet will sometime this week

I won't cancel yet, since I've liked most of the boxes I've received after subscribing in February, but this box is a real dud. It's just not very universal. Most people don't have swimming pools for stuff like the swan float. I wouldn't have minded one or two items like that, but it seems like most of the items here (except the napkins and maybe the scarf) are aimed at very specific groups.

Something like sunglasses (which I know a lot of people find boring, but I would've personally loved since I lose ALL my sunglasses and always need new ones) would've had more broad appeal for the summer.

Good thing I like the scarf of I would have been upset even paying $30 a month with the deal. I like that the colors will go with anything b/w and that it is a different shape than usual. Although I have like 20 scarves now and don't wear them all that much. I'll eat the chips. The brow highlighter is a maybe - have to see how well it works. The pin I think my mom will like and she lives in FLA which might be fun for that. I don't use anything in my hair so that product is a no and I don't use cloth napkins - too much hassle. I guess for $30 for three items - pin, brow item, and scarf it's OK but not that excited.

I got my box this afternoon:

IMG_1501.JPG

My pin is...a flamingo. And he's from Urban Outfitters?  

The card in my box says Pintrill Pineapple Pin valued at $12 would be in my box. I'm so confused. Is this a mistake?

IMG_1502.JPGIMG_1503.JPG

I thought the pins were coming from Pintrill, not Urban Outfitters???? A little disappointed in the box this month, I really have no use for a drink holder as I have no pool. I guess I could set it out on the beach when I go to hold my drinks and phone.

On a different note, if anyone got the mini box, the pineapple ices trays are on sale for $10.00 on Swoozies. So really the value is not in that box this month. Just a bummed month on boxes. Hopefully next month picks back up good!

I thought the pins were coming from Pintrill, not Urban Outfitters???? A little disappointed in the box this month, I really have no use for a drink holder as I have no pool. I guess I could set it out on the beach when I go to hold my drinks and phone. On a different note, if anyone got the mini box, the pineapple ices trays are on sale for $10.00 on Swoozies. So really the value is not in that box this month. Just a bummed month on boxes. Hopefully next month picks back up good!
Yeah that's what my card says but I got that little guy instead. How strange.

Latest posts

Back