Popsugar Must Have July 2016 box *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been a PS subscriber since July 2013. I recently had a garage sale and realized I was selling three years of Popsugar box miscellany that I never used. The sad part is, I couldn't get rid of most of it for .50c at a garage sale!! 

This box was the final straw (and I didn't even get the NIPPLE pin--wth?!).

I cancelled my subscription today. PS just isn't the value it used to be. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the pins were coming from Pintrill, not Urban Outfitters???? A little disappointed in the box this month, I really have no use for a drink holder as I have no pool. I guess I could set it out on the beach when I go to hold my drinks and phone. On a different note, if anyone got the mini box, the pineapple ices trays are on sale for $10.00 on Swoozies. So really the value is not in that box this month. Just a bummed month on boxes. Hopefully next month picks back up good!
Do you have the link for the trays. I tried to look for them but couldn't find them.

I got my box and I did not (thankfully!) get a nipple pin. I got the pineapple.

What did surprise me was how cute the swan thing was! It's much larger than I was expecting, too! Now, I'm pretty sure that the VAST majority of PS subscribers don't have a pool so it's a weird inclusion. My in laws live on a lake but I'm not sure I would ever use this there (plus its freezing 90% of the year so who'd wanna jump in?!)

Even though the scarf isn't super high quality, it's the perfect size for my short neck. I also tied it around the ... crown? of my sun hat and that looks adorable with the ends hanging down the back.

This is definitely not my favorite box, that's for sure. It goes on my "dud" list. I still get too many fun things in these boxes, though, for me to unsub over it.

And I totally agree that a "nipple" pin is so far out of the target demographic it's a little ridiculous...

Okay - seriously, they posted on their Facebook they thought the nipple pin was cute anyway.

*throws hands up in the air*

If anything, that proves this box isn't for me.  Whatever demographic they are chasing now, it's really, really not me.

(And thinking back, I got scarves back to back - well, I got super spicy stuff back to back too.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay - seriously, they posted on their Facebook they thought the nipple pin was cute anyway.

*throws hands up in the air*

If anything, that proves this box isn't for me.  Whatever demographic they are chasing now, it's really, really not me.

(And thinking back, I got scarves back to back - well, I got super spicy stuff back to back too.)
LOL, everyone has gone on vacation and left the interns in charge! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Bizgirlva, Sorry I missed your post yesterday, was giving money to college for my son. I just tried looking for them again and it says that it is sold out, the first time I checked was on Saturday the 9th. Are you wanting the trays? If so, mine should be here in about a week or so. Maybe we can work something out if you do?

On a different PS note, I ordered one of those dangerous mystery boxes they had for 19.95, it has shipped and weighs in @ a whopping 5.5lbs., please no books or mustard or a nipple pin!!!!!

@@Bizgirlva, Sorry I missed your post yesterday, was giving money to college for my son. I just tried looking for them again and it says that it is sold out, the first time I checked was on Saturday the 9th. Are you wanting the trays? If so, mine should be here in about a week or so. Maybe we can work something out if you do? On a different PS note, I ordered one of those dangerous mystery boxes they had for 19.95, it has shipped and weighs in @ a whopping 5.5lbs., please no books or mustard or a nipple pin!!!!!
I'll PM ya!

We have a thread for the mystery boxes I think the PS page said items will vary, that's exciting! 

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/141397-mystery-box/?hl=%2Bmystery+%2Bbox&do=findComment&comment=2424268

Just give me a holler @bizgirlva.

I did not know that was for PS Mystery Boxes. I will have to post once I receive my items!!! Thanks for the update.

I loved this box!  The hair product is amazing and I really like the brow highlighter.  The scarf isn't something I would typically wear in the summer, but I'm going to try it.  I received a flamingo pin instead of the pineapple, but I contacted them and they are sending the pineapple one to me, which is scheduled to arrive today.  Hopefully, it's the right one this time! 

The inflatable swan drink holder is cute, but I don't go to the pool often enough to keep it, so I swapped it.

I enjoyed this box much more than June's.

This summer has been insanely busy for me and this was the first box in...I don't know, ever? that I didn't know the spoilers already.  I didn't hate it when I opened it, I think because I was excited about the swan and the extra fun of a box that was actually a mystery.  But now that some time has passed and the entire thing is still sitting on a shelf untouched, it really isn't that great of a box. 

I am DYING LAUGHING about the nipple pin.

Would you guys believe that I FINALLY ACTUALLY cancelled my sub after months of saying I planned on doing it?

Down to Adidas Avenue A, Rachel Zoe, Allure Beauty Thrills (too good of a deal to skip), and the PSMH limited edition boxes.  That's an average of just one box a month! 

This blog has some good pics of the items. Thanks Jen! http://subscriptionboxramblings.com/2016/07/july-2016-popsugar-must-have-box-full-spoilers/ Looks like the brow highlight is used just liked you d use a reg. highlight under the brow bone. Never knew they made specific ones for that purpose. The scarf annoys me the more I see it--- it looks lovely and I normally love scarves but its awfully similar to the thing they sent last month- are you supposed to wear the sarong and coordinated scarf together LOL. Very bizarre to me-- its interesting they sent a brow kit, a scarf, and paper napkins last summer too- brows, scarves, and napkins ahhh good ole summer time lol. 
Thanks for the shout out!

And I just read this thread and realized that some people got pins that said "nipple".  WHAT?????  I don't know how you work that into an outfit?

Back