POPSUGAR Must Have - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would be cool to get another accessory like a necklace this month and more yummy food.  I don't want anymore home fragrances. I know I'm in the minority but I don't like candles...

I really love the scarf they sent last month. I wore it to work and got tons of compliments on it. It's nice because it's not so thick that you can't wear it with business attire, but it also adds something nice to a regular jeans and shirt outfit too.

I know this is in regards to the October Box, but I wanted to share anyway. I contacted the company about receiving the smaller size hair products and suggested that if they were sending out various candle scents that they could try to customize them to the subscriber. I felt a little irritated when I received the response because they straight up lied about the scents. Not really a big deal because they may have just not known, but it did bother me a little anyway. Here was their response : Hi Jacinta,Thanks for your email! Please know that everyone is getting the same curated items in their October box, but unfortunately, we received different sample sizes for the shampoo from one of our vendors. We didn't want any of our customers to have wait longer for their Oct. box to arrive, so the sample sizes were sent as is. Please let us know if you would prefer the full size instead and we will be sure to get it to you (this may take a few weeks as we are currently waiting on a shipment). As for the candle, everyone received the same scent. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and hope you love your October box!Have a wonderful day!POPSUGAR Support Also, why wouldn't I want the full size that everyone else got when I took the time to write in about it? Lol. That's like asking someone if they want $1,000. Well, duh. Haha. I am still a fan of Popsugar. Just thought I would share.

Originally Posted by Jacinta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is in regards to the October Box, but I wanted to share anyway. I contacted the company about receiving the smaller size hair products and suggested that if they were sending out various scents that they could try to customize them to the subscriber. I felt a little irritated when I received the response because they straight up lied about the scents. Not really a big deal because they may have just not known, but it did bother me a little anyway. Here was their response :

Hi Jacinta,Thanks for your email! Please know that everyone is getting the same curated items in their October box, but unfortunately, we received different sample sizes for the shampoo from one of our vendors. We didn't want any of our customers to have wait longer for their Oct. box to arrive, so the sample sizes were sent as is. Please let us know if you would prefer the full size instead and we will be sure to get it to you (this may take a few weeks as we are currently waiting on a shipment). As for the candle, everyone received the same scent. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and hope you love your October box!Have a wonderful day!POPSUGAR Support

Also, why wouldn't I want the full size that everyone else got when I took the time to write in about it? Lol. That's like asking someone if they want $1,000. Well, duh. Haha. I am still a fan of Popsugar. Just thought I would share.
That's weird. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I like your name.

Its only the 6th and I can't wait to receive this box. Has anyone started reading the book from October? I'm still on my 50 shades of grey kick but looking forward to the new read!!

I know this is in regards to the October Box, but I wanted to share anyway. I contacted the company about receiving the smaller size hair products and suggested that if they were sending out various candle scents that they could try to customize them to the subscriber. I felt a little irritated when I received the response because they straight up lied about the scents. Not really a big deal because they may have just not known, but it did bother me a little anyway. Here was their response :

Hi Jacinta,Thanks for your email! Please know that everyone is getting the same curated items in their October box, but unfortunately, we received different sample sizes for the shampoo from one of our vendors. We didn't want any of our customers to have wait longer for their Oct. box to arrive, so the sample sizes were sent as is. Please let us know if you would prefer the full size instead and we will be sure to get it to you (this may take a few weeks as we are currently waiting on a shipment). As for the candle, everyone received the same scent. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and hope you love your October box!Have a wonderful day!POPSUGAR Support

Also, why wouldn't I want the full size that everyone else got when I took the time to write in about it? Lol. That's like asking someone if they want $1,000. Well, duh. Haha. I am still a fan of Popsugar. Just thought I would share.
This has been how my dealings with customer service have gone as well. It takes a couple emails to get things handled. They've always come through in the end, but not without work on my part. The samples weren't a huge deal to me, but if they offer to replace them with larger sizes you shouldn't have to ask twice.

I know this is in regards to the October Box, but I wanted to share anyway. I contacted the company about receiving the smaller size hair products and suggested that if they were sending out various candle scents that they could try to customize them to the subscriber. I felt a little irritated when I received the response because they straight up lied about the scents. Not really a big deal because they may have just not known, but it did bother me a little anyway. Here was their response :

Were two different sizes sent out? I totally missed that!

I actually don't care that I got the sample size and not full size shampoo and conditioner. It went straight to my donation pile as I don't use drugstore brands on my hair. I'm perfectly happy that they didn't waste postage and increase cost and decrease value of things I want just to send a bigger size of something I don't use after the box was shipped. I'm also happy they didn't delay the boxes to give us bigger sizes. They say they will make it right: we can send them an email and request big shampoo if we want it. The one time I needed to contact their customer service they were fabulous and I got a quick response. I'm happy with Popsugar.

I wonder if they are going to try to tie in this month's box with Thanksgiving in any way. Like, maybe they'll give us something for entertaining, or something for use in the kitchen?

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually don't care that I got the sample size and not full size shampoo and conditioner. It went straight to my donation pile as I don't use drugstore brands on my hair. I'm perfectly happy that they didn't waste postage and increase cost and decrease value of things I want just to send a bigger size of something I don't use after the box was shipped. I'm also happy they didn't delay the boxes to give us bigger sizes. They say they will make it right: we can send them an email and request big shampoo if we want it. The one time I needed to contact their customer service they were fabulous and I got a quick response. I'm happy with Popsugar.
I've had to contact a couple times and they were very helpful and friendly both times.  I'm also quite happy with PopSugar.

I got my shipping notice this am, nothing showing yet though. I guess they are moving shipping closer to the beginning of the month since they are sold out.

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my shipping notice this am, nothing showing yet though. I guess they are moving shipping closer to the beginning of the month since they are sold out.
Really?! Lucky!! November hasn't even shown up on my account yet....

I feel like they are now doing must haves for different things in each box instead of having one theme.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if they are going to try to tie in this month's box with Thanksgiving in any way. Like, maybe they'll give us something for entertaining, or something for use in the kitchen?

I haven't. I can't justify it either but would love to see it.

Originally Posted by casey anne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sure did.  There is NO way I can justify that purchase for myself.

I thought we didn't get charged till the 15th.  I just got charged today after purchasing the luxury box....didn't see that coming.

Back