powderrrr

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
right now i use MAC blot powder but i've heard that you should use a loose powder after foundation. any suggestions?? what do you girls use to finish off your look? and is loose powder better that compact powder?

I have two different loose powders that I use. Mineral Veil from BE and Rice Powder (Thanks for recommending it Tracey) by Tony & Tina. I like to use them because I feel like my face looks better with it. After applying the loose powder, I also use Fix + from MAC to set it.

i just recently started using loose powder and notice the difference. my makeup's set ALL day (i also spray fix+ right after) and my skin looks more flawless. i use palladio's loose powder, which can be found at sally beauty or drugstores. i bought it based on the really good reviews. knowing me, though, i'm gonna think, well, this one's only $5, i'm sure there's better out there, and end up spending $30+ on a powder that'll work just the same
icon_rolleyes.gif

I use MAC's Fix+ spray before foundation... and either the MAC Blot Powder or Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil afterwards. I keep my blot powder with me to touch up during the day and get rid of any shine. I really like the Blot powder compared to a regular pressed powder, because it really doesn't deposit more color. I use loose powder if I just want a light dusting to set the makeup, I don't use it to control shine throughout the day.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I use MAC's Fix+ spray before foundation... and either the MAC Blot Powder or Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil afterwards. I keep my blot powder with me to touch up during the day and get rid of any shine. I really like the Blot powder compared to a regular pressed powder, because it really doesn't deposit more color. I use loose powder if I just want a light dusting to set the makeup, I don't use it to control shine throughout the day.
icon_wink.gif
which loose do you use, when you do use it?

:icon_love For years I used to wear only pressed powder especially Estee Lauder's Double Matte but now for a couple of months I wear only Clinique's loose powder and I think the difference between them is the coverage!! Pressed powders have more coverage than loose powders, also they are perfect for touch ups!Loose powders are perfect for oily skins and perfect over foundations also they feel more light than the pressed powders!!
biggrin.gif

If you have oily or acne-prone skin you should use loose powder; pressed powder contains oils (used to press the powder into the compact) that can clog your pores. Or so my dermatologist said
wink.gif

I have tried several loose powders in department store and drugstore brands, and my favorite by far is Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder (for only $5)! It keeps my skin matte much longer than any other powder I've tried, and my skin is so oily, that's quite an accomplishment!

Another random tip, I recently bought a natural-hair powder brush (Sonia Kushak, only $12 at Target) and it gives me a much more smooth, even coverage of powder than my old synthetic-hair brush or the the puffs that come with most powders. Very nice!
smile.gif
(Although CG's puff is so hairy, it's almost like a brush! lol)

I apply loose powder in the morning and never touch up unless I'm going out at night .... with the CG powder my face is only slightly shiny at the end of the workday; with the other powders I've tried my skin very very shiny after only 3 hours! And even weirder, my skin feels less oily at the end of the day with the CG powder!

I'm another Mineral Veil woman! I use a powder foundation and then Minereal Veil and I don't get shiny or oily at all during the day. I also like using Mineral Veil to help set my eye shadow and on my lips before lipstick to make it last longer.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I'm another Mineral Veil woman! I use a powder foundation and then Minereal Veil and I don't get shiny or oily at all during the day. I also like using Mineral Veil to help set my eye shadow and on my lips before lipstick to make it last longer. That's a good point, the only way I can prevent my eyeshadow (and even my eyeliner!) from creasing in an hour is to apply a little foundation then some loose powder underneath my eye makeup! (Of course maybe that would work with pressed powder too, I've never tried it ...) But it makes a HUGE difference -- and that actually works with every brand of loose powder I've tried, even the ones that I didn't like for the rest of my face!

does the mineral veil have to same texture/look at the BE powder foundation? i don't like the "sparkly/glowy" stuff in the foundation...i dunno how to explain it? is the mineral veil just plain color...
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by whoaitschell does the mineral veil have to same texture/look at the BE powder foundation? i don't like the "sparkly/glowy" stuff in the foundation...i dunno how to explain it? is the mineral veil just plain color...
icon_wink.gif
No, not at all. It is very matte and translucent.

gosh. stinks i couldnt just trade in the BE foundation i didn't really love for the mineral veil. i'll never use it. thanks for the quick reply!!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl No, not at all. It is very matte and translucent. Ditto to what suzukigrrl said.

Hey Marisol and/or Tracey,

I hardly ever use loose powder because I'm afraid that it will clog my huge pores. The only ones I've even considering using are the palladio rice powder or the tony and tina rice powder. I really want to try the tony and tina rice powder I almost bought some but then I decided I better get some reviews and opinions on it first. What do yall think about it? Would it be alright for my huge pored oily skin? Is it really worth the money?

Originally Posted by FairyRave Hey Marisol and/or Tracey,
I hardly ever use loose powder because I'm afraid that it will clog my huge pores. The only ones I've even considering using are the palladio rice powder or the tony and tina rice powder. I really want to try the tony and tina rice powder I almost bought some but then I decided I better get some reviews and opinions on it first. What do yall think about it? Would it be alright for my huge pored oily skin? Is it really worth the money?

Loose powder is less likely to clog your pores than pressed powder, see my first post
wink.gif
I have oily skin and rather large pores on some areas of my face, and my dermatologist said it would be fine to wear loose powder, just don't use pressed.
smile.gif

If you don't want an expensive product, I recommend CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder for only $5 (again see my first post); most other drugstore brands are around $10. I've also heard good reviews about Cornsilk powder, another drugstore product. Good luck!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FairyRave Hey Marisol and/or Tracey,

go for palladio. i loooooove it. it's also REALLY cheap, so if you don't like it, try tony & tina.

Originally Posted by Jennifer go for palladio. i loooooove it. it's also REALLY cheap, so if you don't like it, try tony & tina. where do you get the palladio loose powder at? you said a beauty supply store? also... what is special about "rice" powder??

Originally Posted by whoaitschell where do you get the palladio loose powder at? you said a beauty supply store? sally beauty or drugstores (cvs, duane reade, etc.)
smile.gif

I really like the rice powder. It hasnt clogged my pores and I think that it makes my face look better.

Latest posts

Back