Power Naps

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Power Up with a Power Nap

A long-time tradition in Latin countries, a siesta is a great way to jumpstart the second half of your day. Famous nap enthusiasts have included some of the best minds in history, such as Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, and Thomas Edison.

What they knew was that a midday snooze - while seeming to be an unproductive use of time - could actually increase their effectiveness. Some of the reviving benefits of naps include enhanced cognitive function, better reaction time, more patience, stress relief, and better overall health.

So how long should your power nap be? It differs from person to person, but on average, a brief nap to revive the brain should be between 15 and 30 minutes. Sleeping for any longer will get you into deeper stages of sleep, from which it is difficult to awaken. (If you are napping to compensate for significant sleep loss, you would of course want to take a longer nap, and research has much to say about the restorative benefits of lengthy naps.)

Source

I always thought it was 45mins to 2 hours? Maybe that's why my naps never work
frown.gif

ive heard if you hold a spoon during your nap then you should relax and drop it, thus waking yourself up when you've had enough sleep? not sure if its true but its interesting

I wish I could take a power nap. If I nod off, it's no less that a few hours.

i do power naps almost every day!! they work great! i feel real refresh when i wake up... but there are times when i um... slept the whole afternoon away
wink.gif

Originally Posted by angellove /img/forum/go_quote.gif i do power naps almost every day!! they work great! i feel real refresh when i wake up... but there are times when i um... slept the whole afternoon away
wink.gif
^ That is exactly what I'm afraid of. Because I am a long-time nocturnal insomniac, I can and will nap for extended periods of time during the day if left alone. With everything that I must complete during the day, I cannot afford to have that happen.

I dont think I can nap for only 15 minutes!!!! LOL

Yesterday I came home from a 30-h call; and went to bed at 4:30pm to take a "quick nap".... Result: Didn't wake up til 7am this morning!!!
biggrin.gif

I love naps, I don't always nap but sometimes I'll grab a blanket and wrap it around me and read a book with some scented candles. Very relaxing, sometimes i'll doze off for a few minutes or day dream.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back