Practice Space for Graphics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Adding Graphics from an outside website tutorial

Hi,

I thought I'd designate a place for Laura and others to practice using graphics. Why not practice on this thread?

bengalkitten.jpg
How cute is he? This is a M.u.T. member's cat.

Yeah that's fine

Originally Posted by Californian

Hi, I thought I'd designate a place for Laura and others to practice using graphics. Why not practice on this thread?

bengalkitten.jpg
How cute is he? This is a M.u.T. member's cat.

Laura, your first assignment is to go to the following url and copy a picture of any celebrity that you see: http://www.eonline.com/

Then paste it on this board. I will tell you how to erase the picture's link later.

Ok, take the challenge ma dear! Go!

(to copy the pic, right click on it, select "copy" then right click and select "paste" to paste it!)

YAY, i did it!! But whats my editor for so? If all you gotta do is copy & paste pics.. Thanks Californian for setting up this thread for me

(god, i feel kinda SLOW though!!) -LOL!

Originally Posted by laura127
barrino.fantasia.052604.jpg

DID IT WORK???

Hey, i just tried this on a post on the hair board but the link to the pic came up instead.. Is that what im gonna learn about in the next part of the tutorial californian!! How do get rid of the link, and have the pic instead. Why did it work for my post above but not on hair board.. weird!

Hey Laura! Californian uses MyEditor for something it wasnt intended to be. Altho, it's OK to do what she does, it was intended for users to have their "own website" on MakeupTalk to have a website of whatever...family, friends, fun, makeup products, etc. Here are some examples of people's My Editor:

TinyDancer's

Miss Honeywell's

Jules'

Hope this helps!

YAY, i did it!! But whats my editor for so? If all you gotta do is copy & paste pics.. Thanks Californian for setting up this thread for me(god, i feel kinda SLOW though!!) -LOL!

barrino.fantasia.052604.jpg

DID IT WORK???

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You get an A!

Your next assignment is to do the same thing with the picture of the horse named, "Smarty Jones" located at this url:

http://www.foxsports.com/named/FS/Horseracing (pic is in upper left corner)

I will show you how to remove the link to the picture after you are done pasting it here.

Then we'll go to some fun clipart sites where it is legal to download their art and I'll show you how to put it on your "My Editor" page so you can include it on your posts like this:

hhemergency.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hey Laura! Californian uses MyEditor for something it wasnt intended to be. Altho, it's OK to do what she does, it was intended for users to have their "own website" on MakeupTalk to have a website of whatever...family, friends, fun, makeup products, etc. Here are some examples of people's My Editor:
TinyDancer's

Miss Honeywell's

Jules'

Hope this helps!

Sigh, now she is just going to be confused> Grrrrrrr.
I will show you how to find clipart sites and how to use their clip art on this board. So as not to confuse you, I am not going to discuss using "My Editor" in any other way than what Tony said. Besides, it might be really fun for you to create your own page like TinyD, Jules and Honeywell!

NO.

If you cut and pasted the pic of the Idol singer here, you should be able to do it on the other boards as well. Try again using a different picture (anyone that you find).

I'll try to show you what I mean by getting rid of a link so that you are not "hot linking" a picture. When you hot link it, it uses up band width and is a internet protocol "no no".

Let me explain. See this picture? Well I cut and pasted it from the Victoria's Secret Site. The problem is that if a user clicks on it, it will point the user back to the Victoria's Secret website. This is not good or nice because it uses up bandwidth.

In order for me to correct this and still be able to post this same pic, I need to do this:

V236732.jpg
1. I left click on the pic to select it.

2. After it is selected, I click on this box located at the top of my thread:

createlink.gif

This box shows me the URL that the user will be directed to when she clicks on the pick.

3. Erase the URL so that there is no longer a link. To do this highlight the URL and selecting "delete." THen press the "ok" button.

4. Now, users will see the picture but they will not be able to click on it because the link will be gone.

See an example of this by clicking on Pic # 1 and then by clicking on Pic # 2 (below). Which pic have I altered with the

createlink.gif

button? Tell me in your next post
smile.gif

1. 2.
V236732.jpg

You altered pic 2, right?? Think i got the jist of it now. Thanks californian. You're a STAR!

Originally Posted by laura127 You altered pic 2, right?? Think i got the jist of it now. Thanks californian. You're a STAR! Yep. Um OK> LOL. HOpe we can see some graphics in your posts when and if you feel like it!
smile.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><!-- SECOND 4th --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=181 bgColor=#000000><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=181>Megaplex</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://

Latest posts

Back