Prayer Please

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually there are not my Cal's , they are my brother's Cals. heheh. Love them none the less! It looks like he is going.. no choice. Keep on praying if you remember. I know it works! xo Big Cali (lol)

Just a few lines from a Marilyn Hickey's monthly mag: "God's plan for dealing with depression (or anything else) is very different from the world's plan. The world wants us to re-open our wounds and recall every injustice from the past. The Word tells us to focus on the Healer...it stems from an underlying roof of unbelief in God's care, His goodness, His faithfulness, or even His abilit to get you out of seemingly "impossible" situations..." He is lifted up as we speak Cal. We walk by faith, not by sight.

Oh I will absolutely pray for him and for you and your whole family. I will also pray that the God would give you peace in your heart. It is awful to be worried. I hate that sick feeling you get. My kids will pray for him too. Every night.

Thanks, Gr8. Faith is my focus. I've been praying all night. Funny how we become more "religious" in times of need. I've got to remember those footprints in the sand! xo Calif.

The simplest is sometimes the hardest to accept...we try to change, control, manipulate...it's hard to give up control when our entire culture is based on being in control, controlling others, etc. We feel helpless, defeated, useless, worthless & pointless when we can't make a difference in others lives. Ultimately, you've gotta know that you, just as you are, make a difference. If I never meet you in person, who you are on-line, with me, has encouraged me to keep going in areas far different from this arena? How? Well, for one thing, it takes courage to ask for help, offer it, support others & laugh at the whole thing, not sarcastically but realistically. You've got it GirlFriend. Hugs.

Yeah.. control is much sought after! I like to think that I have a certain amount of control of my life at least. What a nice post you just wrote. Thanks. I'm warm now!

Tell me more about you. You are rather mysterious to me. Why all the traveling? Do you like your admin job? I am curious and ask a LOT of questions. Forgive me if I seem obnoxious. Answer or don't answer as you like. NP.

calvin.gif

You ladies are wonderful and I enjoy your posts. It funny to me that although most of us are here to talk about fun and makeup something tells me that many of you are deeper than that and that you know that the real beauty comes from within. When you inner spirit blossoms it reflects on the outside. You ladies ROCK!

Hugs,

Originally Posted by Californian Yeah.. control is much sought after! I like to think that I have a certain amount of control of my life at least. What a nice post you just wrote. Thanks. I'm warm now!
Tell me more about you. You are rather mysterious to me. Why all the traveling? Do you like your admin job? I am curious and ask a LOT of questions. Forgive me if I seem obnoxious. Answer or don't answer as you like. NP.

calvin.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva You ladies are wonderful and I enjoy your posts. It funny to me that although most of us are here to talk about fun and makeup something tells me that many of you are deeper than that and that you know that the real beauty comes from within. When you inner spirit blossoms it reflects on the outside. You ladies ROCK! Hugs, Shoediva, you summed up what I've been trying to describe since I joined over here. I feel so at home. Silly me, I tried to describe it as the Three Bears story - I've been at sites that are too cold, too hot, and MuT is *just right.* I've never felt so "at home" at a board as I do here, and I've been involved with message boards since 1998 (6 years I guess?). MuT is truly my home sweet home of message boards. True beauty is what this place exudes. *hugs*

wordwow2.gif
This is really reallly nice! I like it here too. Count me in. Everyone is very cool.

...(Tony, I told you not to pay off the members for compliments. Sheesh)

mutcola.gif

OMG I HAVE THE BEST PERSONAL NEWS OF THE YEAR!!

omg OMG... i JUST received this news. My brother was just in Monterey, CA getting his orders for Afghanistan when he got a call from his sargent major letting him know that he does not have to go to Afghanistan to train and interact in combat!!!! He did not admit to the sargent major that he did not want to go, but what happened is that his wife, Cassandra, wrote the major a letter. This letter freed my brother from going as he is in the National Guard, not the ARMy, Navy, Airforce, or Marines... and he DID NOT VOLUNTERR TO GO. Long story short. He gets to stay home and train soldiers here in California and be with his family (see picture below). Prayers and words have power! They DO!!

He was about 30 days from going! I want to shart this with all of you who have been so nice to me about this. I am so happy and thank you for your prayers. I love my brother like a father!!! For you guys!!

Originally Posted by Californian I am not sure if this is inappropriate for this board, but I'd like some help. My older brother, Mark has a 90% chance of being sent to Afghanistan in May. He is in the Army reserves and is a bit surprised. He was in the Gulf War as part of the 82nd airborne. This time he did not volunteer but was volunteered by a fellow sargent.I would like to ask for prayers for those of you who pray. We are hoping that he does not have to go. He has a 6 month old baby and a 4 year old little girl. We are pretty upset and could use all the prayers possible so that he may have a greater chance to stay here. I am going to contact our congressmen and do whatever I can.

Thanks... I really , really appreciate it!!

Sincerely,

California

Keith.jpg

Baileylawn.jpg

YAYYYY
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
that is wonderful news, and proves the power of prayer. I think that calls for a celebration!!

BTW Those cuties in the pictures are wayyyyy cute, I want to bite them!! LOL God Bless.

Originally Posted by Californian OMG I HAVE THE BEST PERSONAL NEWS OF THE YEAR!!omg OMG... i JUST received this news. My brother was just in Monterey, CA getting his orders for Afghanistan when he got a call from his sargent major letting him know that he does not have to go to Afghanistan to train and interact in combat!!!! He did not admit to the sargent major that he did not want to go, but what happened is that his wife, Cassandra, wrote the major a letter. This letter freed my brother from going as he is in the National Guard, not the ARMy, Navy, Airforce, or Marines... and he DID NOT VOLUNTERR TO GO. Long story short. He gets to stay home and train soldiers here in California and be with his family (see picture below). Prayers and words have power! They DO!!

He was about 30 days from going! I want to shart this with all of you who have been so nice to me about this. I am so happy and thank you for your prayers. I love my brother like a father!!! For you guys!!

That is so righteous!!It really does make you believe it miracles when things like this happen

Originally Posted by allisong That is so righteous!!It really does make you believe it miracles when things like this happen NO DOUBT, Allisong... I'm still reeling with joy!
newpotatoe.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva YAYYYY
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
that is wonderful news, and proves the power of prayer. I think that calls for a celebration!!
BTW Those cuties in the pictures are wayyyyy cute, I want to bite them!! LOL God Bless.

HAhha Ty, Shoes!
newmonkey.gif

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Amen sista!!! Woo hoo!!! Thank God! (hee hee - I'm all excited over here!!!) TYTYy. I am happy for him, for me, for his kids, for his wife, and for his life!!! And I am thankful to anyone who prayed or cared.
wordslaphappy.gif

GREAT!

Originally Posted by Californian

OMG I HAVE THE BEST PERSONAL NEWS OF THE YEAR!!omg OMG... i JUST received this news. My brother was just in Monterey, CA getting his orders for Afghanistan when he got a call from his sargent major letting him know that he does not have to go to Afghanistan to train and interact in combat!!!! He did not admit to the sargent major that he did not want to go, but what happened is that his wife, Cassandra, wrote the major a letter. This letter freed my brother from going as he is in the National Guard, not the ARMy, Navy, Airforce, or Marines... and he DID NOT VOLUNTERR TO GO. Long story short. He gets to stay home and train soldiers here in California and be with his family (see picture below). Prayers and words have power! They DO!!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) This is sooooooooo great!!! It's the best feeling. All day is good because of it. All year in fact... or for all the rest of life. LOL. Ty

Latest posts

Back