Pre-buy - how long should I wait?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Conservatorie is selling/ going out of business by the end of September. I have a pre-buy that I haven't received and information on the site has been ambiguous. Now that they are going out of business - what should I do ? I don't want to be out the money if my item does not ship before it's sold/goes out of business. I feel badly that the owner is recovering from something, but I don't want to be out of options.
frown.gif

I saw where she is selling the business for $25K Hopefully she will honor all of the orders she has and send them out before selling everything. Did you email her? Hope it all works out for you.

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif The Conservatorie is selling/ going out of business by the end of September. I have a pre-buy that I haven't received and information on the site has been ambiguous. Now that they are going out of business - what should I do ? I don't want to be out the money if my item does not ship before it's sold/goes out of business. I feel badly that the owner is recovering from something, but I don't want to be out of options.
frown.gif
A gal I know on MMM wasn't able to get her prebuy silk and she contacted them by phone and they credited her back. I am guessing they weren't able to get the silk afterall?
Contact info here:

The Conservatorie: Making Mineral Makeup - About Us

Thanks everyone! I'd really prefer my order rather than the $ back. I'll give it a couple of days, then ask for a refund. I've been reading (other sites) that she is honest, but has had health issues on and off. I just don't know if a new owner would follow through on obligations - especially a pre-buy.

If you used Paypal for payment you should be protected if your item(s) dont arrive

I'd contact her ASAP so that it can be dealt with right away. Let her know you really want to get the product, and maybe she'll be able to get it in the mail. I'm not sure if anyone who buys the company can get away without honoring the deal, but it's best to deal with it before it gets to that point. It's too bad she's sick
frown.gif

Back