Preferred platform, Blogger or Wordpress?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started with blogger and I still use blogger, but Wordpress is definitely better. It allows to you customize with whatever you want. I have some websites on wordpress and they do much better. It's just that I blog for fun so I don't think I will move my blogger.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read that the newest version of Wordpress is even easier to import Blogger. I just want to be taken seriously as a Blogger, and I think I need to get off of Blogger to do it.
Funny you're mentioning it because FashionToast, one of the most popular fashion blogs just changed from Blogger to Wordpress...

hmm I have worked on someones WP b4 but I didn't seem to like it so I started my own blog at blogspot.. wounder if I should make a blog at WP to test it out and see which I like better.

Blogger is definitely more user-friendly and it's easier to customize your blog without having to know a ton of html. I think wordpress is meant for the more knowledgable in html bloggers!

teafeathers.blogspot.com

So if I were to switch from Blogspot to WP, would it be in my best interest to buy a premium account? The only reasons I chose Blogspot over WP in the first place were space and premade templates. I just have no idea how to go about making my own and blogspot seemed more straightforward at the time... but I'm tired of having a generic blogspot theme and want to look more polished.

So if I were to switch from Blogspot to WP, would it be in my best interest to buy a premium account? The only reasons I chose Blogspot over WP in the first place were space and premade templates. I just have no idea how to go about making my own and blogspot seemed more straightforward at the time... but I'm tired of having a generic blogspot theme and want to look more polished.
Are you talking about a premium account on wordpress.com? I would not recommend that. I haven't checked costs in a while, but it seems like the last time I did so, it was a cheaper to purchase a domain and a hosting plan. Domains usually cost around $10, but lots of companies run deals. I think I got mine for $2 for the first year when I registered. Hosting depends on how many months you prepay, how much space you need, etc. I purchased my hosting during a big sale at HostGator and I believe I got 24 months of hosting for around $80.

Are you talking about a premium account on wordpress.com? I would not recommend that. I haven't checked costs in a while, but it seems like the last time I did so, it was a cheaper to purchase a domain and a hosting plan. Domains usually cost around $10, but lots of companies run deals. I think I got mine for $2 for the first year when I registered. Hosting depends on how many months you prepay, how much space you need, etc. I purchased my hosting during a big sale at HostGator and I believe I got 24 months of hosting for around $80.
So if you purchase a domain and hosting plan elsewhere, do you still use Wordpress to edit your site? I'm reeeally new to this, lol. 

After a bit of research I opted for WP. The next challenge was to pick the theme to use with it. The two main choices seem to be Thesis and Genesis. I ultimately went for Genesis as it's a bit less requiring technical expertise.

I would say however that I'd be tempted to use something like Weebly.com in the future...

Back