Pregnancy Morning Sickness

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The morning sickness has been getting the best of me in the past couple of weeks and I haven't been able to be on Makeuptalk because of it.
icon_cry.gif
Morning sickness is actually not the right term because mine is all day around. I'm not throwing up just feel very nauseas. I'm also soooo tired all the time. I don't remember having any of this with my first child. Everybody keep saying that maybe this one is a girl since I'm so sick. They say the sicker you are the better the outcome meaning a healthy baby but some women don't ever get the sickness during pregnancy and still deliver perfectly healthy babies. That was me with my 1st pregnancy. I loved being pregnant with my 1st one since I felt so great at all times. Now I feel like I can't do anything. I keep trying to eat all day long to help the nausea and as a result of that I've also gained weight more than I should at this point of pregnancy (7 weeks). Again I had no weight issues with my 1st one. I gained the recommended amount (27 pounds) and was fine. It seems like this time this going to be a lot harder but it's still worth it. I'm very happy to be pregnant and I don't worry about the weight issue. I just keep eating!
icon_lol.gif
I'll try to keep up with MakeupTalk the best I can but right now it's tough. Thank God for Tony and his help here at home with me being sick and especially on MakeupTalk. I don't know what I would without him. He is the best!!! He is such an understanding husband. I'm very lucky!

Oh, Reija, I don't envy you with that all day sickness.
icon_frown.gif
frown.gif
I had that and it was awful. Mine went away after my first trimester...maybe yours will too. I felt really good after that time. You are very fortunate to have Tony helping you. That makes a huge difference.
icon_smile.gif

Hope you start feeling better soon.
tongue.gif

awww. i'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. although i haven't been pregnant, i totally hate being nauseas. good thing you're able to stay at home and have your husband at home to go and get you ice cream!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yuk, you poor thing...hope it passes for you quickly...Luckily, I never had morning sickness for either of my kids (Janelle & Jonathan)....Hurry up & feel better...I know its easier said than done.....
icon_sad.gif

Reija, I didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats to you and Tony. I heard that it is normal to feel different with each pregnancy. I hope you start feeling better soon. I was very sick first 3 months with my pregnancy and it got better later on. Take good care
smile.gif

I didn't know you were pregnant either, congrats!

I don't know anything about morning sickness, but the few people I've known that had it, nothing seemed to help them, and they just kept trying to eat light foods that were good for upset stomachs and just waited it out.
frown.gif
(And by the way, all of them said they'd feel sick all day, makes me wonder if anyone only feels it in the morning!) One girl got some medication from her doctor but it didn't help her, but maybe something like that would help you? At this point I really don't know much about morning sickness or pregnancy
biggrin.gif
Good luck!

Originally Posted by K*O* Yuk, you poor thing...hope it passes for you quickly...Luckily, I never had morning sickness for either of my kids (Janelle & Jonathan)....Hurry up & feel better...I know its easier said than done.....
icon_sad.gif
Well, hopefully that's genetic!!! LOL
Sorry to hear Reija! I don't know how you feel, but it sure must be hell. Hope you feel better soon!!! :icon_love

Hi Reija,

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! But, I'm sorry you're not feeling all too well. I was very sick during the first trimester with both of my pregnancies, but my 2nd (my daughter, Kaeli) was the worst! I was sick throwing up night and day for 4 months! And I was soooo tired. It's really hard when you have a little one already to take care of. By the way, I heard as well that "girls" make you sicker. My mother-in-law told my that "daughters steal your beauty." Hmmm? What's she trying to say? Anyway, I was so sick that I actually lost 9 pounds during my 1st trimester, but I soon gained that back and then some! Enjoy your pregnancy, it's such a magical time. Keep us posted on everything!!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) The morning sickness has been getting the best of me in the past couple of weeks and I haven't been able to be on Makeuptalk because of it.
icon_cry.gif
Morning sickness is actually not the right term because mine is all day around. I'm not throwing up just feel very nauseas. I'm also soooo tired all the time. I don't remember having any of this with my first child. Everybody keep saying that maybe this one is a girl since I'm so sick. They say the sicker you are the better the outcome meaning a healthy baby but some women don't ever get the sickness during pregnancy and still deliver perfectly healthy babies. That was me with my 1st pregnancy. I loved being pregnant with my 1st one since I felt so great at all times. Now I feel like I can't do anything. I keep trying to eat all day long to help the nausea and as a result of that I've also gained weight more than I should at this point of pregnancy (7 weeks). Again I had no weight issues with my 1st one. I gained the recommended amount (27 pounds) and was fine. It seems like this time this going to be a lot harder but it's still worth it. I'm very happy to be pregnant and I don't worry about the weight issue. I just keep eating!
icon_lol.gif
I'll try to keep up with MakeupTalk the best I can but right now it's tough. Thank God for Tony and his help here at home with me being sick and especially on MakeupTalk. I don't know what I would without him. He is the best!!! He is such an understanding husband. I'm very lucky!

Reija,

Sorry to hear you are so sick. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was sick every day all day for my entire pregnancy. We chose not to find out whether the baby was going to be a boy or girl during the 20 week ultrasound. I had also heard that terrible morning sickness is a sign of a girl. It turned out to be true for me. A high heartbeat is a sign of a girl also, although my daughters heartbeat was always on the lower side. Anyways, for the nausea try Slurpies from 7-11. (the regular coca-cola kind) They helped me immensely! My little sister is pregnant too (due Dec 4) and so sick just like I was and the slurpies help her feel better too! Good Luck-

Thank you ladies!!! It's nice to know others have felt this way too. I know it's pretty common during pregnancy to be sick during the first 3 months but since I didn't experience this with my last pregnancy I feel like a first time mom. I've been craving for all kinds of weird foods too. Stuff that I normally eat all of sudden I can't so I'm trying to find alternatives. The other day I drove to In and Out and got a burger (I'm not a huge hamburger or meat eater for that matter) but it sounded so good that I had to have it. I also got some liquorice, potato chips and pickels. Eating bread seems to help the best. I craved everything spicy with Cameron (our first) but now I don't really care for spicy stuff that much. I love milk and usually have some cereal in the morning but I haven't been able to have that for a month. Just doesn't sound good. I'm also drinking orange juice now every morning and I never used to do that. It's crazy. It's really weird how your body knows what it needs. They say that the pregnancy food cravings are due to your body telling you what it's lacking and the best thing is to give into it.

Awww, I hope the feeling will go away.
frown.gif
I remember once I was feeling nauseous and I started puking (12 times a day, no jokes
wink.gif
), and my mom started freaking out. She seriously thought I was pregnant. It turns out, I had mono and stomach ulcers at the same time
smile.gif
tongue.gif

Similar thing happened to my friend! She used to hate pizza because of the sauce but ever since she became pregnant, she eats pizza all the time now
smile.gif
I had a horrible time with my nose... I was already sensitive to smells and during my pregnancy everything smelled too much!!! 6 years past and still that sensitive. I also couldn't use a perfume that I used to like during my pregnancy
icon_rolleyes.gif
Well, I hope you feel better soon. Babies are worth going through some tough times, don't they
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Thank you ladies!!! It's nice to know others have felt this way too. I know it's pretty common during pregnancy to be sick during the first 3 months but since I didn't experience this with my last pregnancy I feel like a first time mom. I've been craving for all kinds of weird foods too. Stuff that I normally eat all of sudden I can't so I'm trying to find alternatives. The other day I drove to In and Out and got a burger (I'm not a huge hamburger or meat eater for that matter) but it sounded so good that I had to have it. I also got some liquorice, potato chips and pickels. Eating bread seems to help the best. I craved everything spicy with Cameron (our first) but now I don't really care for spicy stuff that much. I love milk and usually have some cereal in the morning but I haven't been able to have that for a month. Just doesn't sound good. I'm also drinking orange juice now every morning and I never used to do that. It's crazy. It's really weird how your body knows what it needs. They say that the pregnancy food cravings are due to your body telling you what it's lacking and the best thing is to give into it.

if you're pregnant with a girl, you crave sours more. if you're pregnant with a boy, you crave sugars more.

i'm sorry you're feeling so sick! just think, it approx. 9 months you'll be reminded it's ALL worth it
smile.gif

i hope you feel better
smile.gif

maybe you're pregnant with twins? is it still too early to tell?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) The morning sickness has been getting the best of me in the past couple of weeks and I haven't been able to be on Makeuptalk because of it.
icon_cry.gif
icon_lol.gif
I'll try to keep up with MakeupTalk the best I can but right now it's tough. Thank God for Tony and his help here at home with me being sick and especially on MakeupTalk. I don't know what I would without him. He is the best!!! He is such an understanding husband. I'm very lucky! Aww Reija, sorry you are feeling ill, i really hope this sickness will pass soon (((hugs))). Have you tried some Ginger tea (hotwater with ginger and mabe some honey).Ginger is supposed to help with the sickness.Don't be too hard on yourself about gaining weight, enjoy eating for 2 and putting your feet up
wink.gif
As for you and Tony, it's obvious you are both a happy and dinamic team together and you also have your family to prove it
smile.gif

I will try and find out if there is perhaps an essetial oil or some other thing to help with 'morning sickness'. Mabe the Ginger will work, i hope so.

I am sending you lots of love and best wishes.

PaulinexXx

Originally Posted by Jennifer if you're pregnant with a girl, you crave sours more. if you're pregnant with a boy, you crave sugars more. Now that sounds like an old wives' tale, lol .... Ask me again in 10 years after we have a few kids and I'll tell you if it was true for me, lol
wink.gif

It's definitely all worth it!!! I'm excited to have another child because I'm an only child and both my parents are only children so I'm breaking that cycle now. First I wasn't sure, I thought I always only wanted one child but as our first grew older we started to think about having another one because we enjoy kids so much. Plus we thought how nice it will be when we are retired to have kids and grandkids together. Tony has already proven himself to be the best dad on the planet. He has a wonderful 17-year old (Anthony) and has done an excellent job with him. We love Anthony to death. He is such a good kid and a great big brother to Cameron.

Originally Posted by Jennifer so do i. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back