Pregnancy Update

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!

I just wanted to update you on how my pregnancy is going. I've actually had problems. I haven't been able to be online much because I was put on bed rest. I'm still on bedrest. I'm having bleeding that is not stopping. I've had couple of ultrasounds and the baby is fine it's just me who is bleeding. The placenta is close to the cervix which is causing the bleeding. The condition is called marginal placenta previa. There are difference degrees of previa and mine is marginal but it's still causing me to bleed. It has caused a lot of worry but we are trying to stay positive. Tony has done an outstanding job here at home running the house since I can't do anything now. I don't know what I would too without him. He is taking care of our son, our dog, the house inside and out, the meals, MakeupTalk and all his other business stuff plus bringing me food and drinks and driving me to the doctors all the time. He is an amazing man! Not too many men would be able to deal with such a load of stuff and still stay in great spirits. He just does it all without any complaints. We are going to go see a perinatologist this week for a second opinion about my condition since I'm considered a high-risk pregnancy now. Finding out about this condition was such a shock especially since I was fine with my first pregnancy. I worked until the day I delivered and felt great. I feel like a first-time mom now that I don't know what's going on with my body and I'm just starting to learn about all this and make sure I get the best care possible. I'll keep you posted on how things go. Hopefully I don't have to stay in bedrest for much longer! It's tough when you can't do anything and you have to rely on other people for everything. It's a very humbling experience. I can't imagine women who have to stay in bedrest for their entire pregnancy. I hope it won't happen to me. I'm at 15 weeks now. We are hoping as the uterus grows the placenta will move up and the bleeding will stop by 20 weeks but nobody knows for sure if this will happen.

oh no!!!! i hope you get better soon reija! it seems like you and the family are taking it well though
smile.gif

Awww Reija!!! Hope you get some better news soon & everything goes smoothly. High fives to Tony.... you're doing great!
smile.gif

I am sorry that you are going through such a difficult pregnancy. Please take care of yourself.

Tony - we knew you were the man, but damn, Reija is lucky to have someone like you and you are lucky to have someone like Reija.

Hugs to both of you!

*HUGS & PRAYERS* to both you right now. Hope the bleeding stops soon Reija. Keep in touch whenever you can, we miss you

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Reija....I myself am pregnant (second time too)and was diagnosed with low-lying placenta as well when I was about 20 weeks pregnant (had some bleeding as well). I know exactly how you feel. My OB did reassure that it moves up on its own as your pregnancy moves along, and that it's very common. I'll be having another u/s soon to find out if it did move....30 weeks now. Anyhoo, just wanna reassure you that everything would be okay, and that I hope you feel better soon.

Reija, my thoughts are with you and Tony! I pray you will deliver a healthy baby, and I'm sure you will. Tony, you rock taking care of everything like you are. Bless you both!

i really hope you feel better and hope everything turns out okay. after reading iloveparis's post, there's a lot more hope!

Reijia - I hope everything turns out for the best! In the meantime I can imagine how bored you must be in bed all the time. I hope you have lots of good books to read, a laptop computer and plenty of movies to catch up on.

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. keep the faith and feel better real soon!

Oh my goodness, you and your baby are in my prayers! I am so glad you have tony to take care of you. Just take it easy and get a lot of rest because as I'm sure you know, there won't be much time for rest once the baby gets here. Keep us posted.

Reija I hope you get better soon!!! I didn´t know anything about this condition but I will do some research in my books to know what´s going on with you. I hope you and Tony are not too worried...since it was mentioned that a low lying placenta is pretty common. heads up to both of you!!!!

Awww, i'm sorry to hear that you haven't been keeping well during your pregnancy.

But i hope it all gets better for you soon.

Get lots of rest, and it's great that Tony is doing so much for you.

Dearest Reija, you are in my prayer's and i send my sincere love and best wishes to you. I ask God to Bless you and your family and to look after you. You are so brave and positive, we here at MuT are all sending our love and prayers to you.

Well done to Tony for looking after you and for coping with everything,.Reija i hope that everything is ok and you start to feel better really soon.You will be in our thoughts. God BlessxXx

Reija, I'm sorry to hear that you've been on bedrest. It must be frustrating and a bit frightening...but it's good to hear that it's something that'll pass and that the baby is in good health. A girlfriend of mine experienced the same thing with her first baby, but it resolved itself by the time she was about 6 months. Hang in there! Also, God bless, Tony!! He seems like such a good guy online..it's nice to know he's a wonderful husband and father, too!!! You're in our prayers..please keep us updated!!!

Hope everything works out for you, ps....enjoy all the TLC now !!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Hi all!
I just wanted to update you on how my pregnancy is going. I've actually had problems. I haven't been able to be online much because I was put on bed rest. I'm still on bedrest. I'm having bleeding that is not stopping. I've had couple of ultrasounds and the baby is fine it's just me who is bleeding. The placenta is close to the cervix which is causing the bleeding. The condition is called marginal placenta previa. There are difference degrees of previa and mine is marginal but it's still causing me to bleed. It has caused a lot of worry but we are trying to stay positive. Tony has done an outstanding job here at home running the house since I can't do anything now. I don't know what I would too without him. He is taking care of our son, our dog, the house inside and out, the meals, MakeupTalk and all his other business stuff plus bringing me food and drinks and driving me to the doctors all the time. He is an amazing man! Not too many men would be able to deal with such a load of stuff and still stay in great spirits. He just does it all without any complaints. We are going to go see a perinatologist this week for a second opinion about my condition since I'm considered a high-risk pregnancy now. Finding out about this condition was such a shock especially since I was fine with my first pregnancy. I worked until the day I delivered and felt great. I feel like a first-time mom now that I don't know what's going on with my body and I'm just starting to learn about all this and make sure I get the best care possible. I'll keep you posted on how things go. Hopefully I don't have to stay in bedrest for much longer! It's tough when you can't do anything and you have to rely on other people for everything. It's a very humbling experience. I can't imagine women who have to stay in bedrest for their entire pregnancy. I hope it won't happen to me. I'm at 15 weeks now. We are hoping as the uterus grows the placenta will move up and the bleeding will stop by 20 weeks but nobody knows for sure if this will happen.

What difficult news! I hope you get better soon!! It sounds like you've got a good doctor and a great man to help out!!!

Latest posts

Back