Pregnant Aguilera poses for Marie Claire

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Christina Aguilera flaunts her pregnancy in an upcoming issue of Marie Claire magazine. The 26-year-old singer is shown wearing a cropped jacket, hoop earrings and a ring on the cover of the January issue, on newsstands Dec. 11. Excerpts from the story were released Wednesday.

Aguilera and her husband, Jordan Bratman, were married in 2005.

The singer says she learned she was pregnant while on her recent "Back to Basics" tour.

"We were planning on starting to try after the tour. And so, I had gone off the Pill to prepare my body, because I didn't know how much time it would take. You've heard it takes some time — except with Power Egg and Super Sperm here," she says. "... I'm like, `Oh my god, can you believe it just happened?'"

Aguilera says she became "paranoid" during the tour.

"There are so many things that could go wrong — somebody could slip, somebody could fall, I could fall," says Aguilera, who wore a heart monitor during performances. "There was no way ... I was going to jeopardize my baby for my show."

She confirmed her pregnancy earlier this month in the U.K. edition of Glamour magazine.

Aguilera says she kept the baby news quiet for her fans' sake.

"I didn't want to make the audience uncomfortable, like, `Pregnant lady onstage! Is she going to be OK?' But I had to announce it to my band and my dancers, because I wanted to make sure they had my back," she says.

She adds: "Because I hadn't said anything, people thought I was trying to keep it this big, bad secret, and that's not the case at all. I just wasn't commenting. I'm not being like, `Hey everybody, I'm pregnant!' I'm not that girl."

Source

holy guacamole! she is seriously pregnant in that photo! she looks awesome. Congrats to her I say. I hope it's a gorgeous baby. She looks beautiful pregnant too

I think she looks amazing!...but am I the only one who thinks it's a little tacky to pose nude in a magazine when you're several months pregnant?

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think she looks amazing!...but am I the only one who thinks it's a little tacky to pose nude in a magazine when you're several months pregnant? I think they look fab! Demi Moore, Britney Spears and Monica Belluci have all done it too.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think they look fab! Demi Moore, Britney Spears and Monica Belluci have all done it too. I think they look good, too; it just seems like such an...intimate...thing to put out there for the whole world to see. Maybe it's just me...

Perhaps I am just old fashioned in my thinking but i think it's horrible to show everyone your most intimate moment/experience you'll probably ever go through and be snapped shot by a photographer while wearing close to nothing. I am sorry but it is tasteless.

Don't get me wrong..pregnant woman are definitely beautiful but not when stripped down to bare minimum to the public? Ugh.

She looks WONDERFUL, but I think it's not the nudity that bothers me, it's the styling, the pose could have been a little more tasteful.

Originally Posted by EyeCandyDiva /img/forum/go_quote.gif She looks WONDERFUL, but I think it's not the nudity that bothers me, it's the styling, the pose could have been a little more tasteful. Maybe that's what's bothering me about it. It seems a little too pin-up girl for somebody who's about to pop out a kid. Again! I think she looks beautiful...but there's just something off about the pictures.

i think its a weird picture. it doesnt look very maternal she doesnt look like a woman about to become a mother she looks like a model who swallowed a soccer ball.

She looks awesome
smile.gif

okay...when i was pregnant, i looked like a greenish yellow potato with hair falling out and cankles the size of oak stumps!!!!

Originally Posted by lummerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif Perhaps I am just old fashioned in my thinking but i think it's horrible to show everyone your most intimate moment/experience you'll probably ever go through and be snapped shot by a photographer while wearing close to nothing. I am sorry but it is tasteless.
Don't get me wrong..pregnant woman are definitely beautiful but not when stripped down to bare minimum to the public? Ugh.

You read my mind

I love it and I dont see what is so intimate about being pregnant. I guess if I was pregnant - even if I was a fat cow because of it - I would show to the world the miracle that is pregnancy and child birth and how totally beautiful it is - irregardless of how fat of a cow I would be

(and in their cases - doesnt hurt to look gorgeous as a pregnant woman - which also brings me to a point that - if I ever do get preggers - I will try my hardest to stay in shape without jeopardizing the health of my baby - but that might be in an alternate universe as of today)

Latest posts

Back