Premature Graying Hair In Women - 9 Causes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now, what are some of the causes of premature gray hair?

Research findings have yielded some of the causes below:

1. Genetics: hereditary causes, that is, we inherit gray hair from our parents.

2. Hormone imbalance: This is a problem that occurs mostly in young men and women.

3. Vitamin Deficiency: Lack of Vitamin B in the body may cause hair loss and gray hair.

4. Smoking: It is also found that smoking does contribute positively to the graying process because of the heavy assault on the hair by very damaging impurities found in cigarettes.

5. Thyroid dysfunction (hypothyroidism). This results in low production of the thyroid hormone and low hormone levels impact very negatively on the scalp and hair.

6. Increased stress and anxiety. One needs to carefully recognise that the effects of stress and its contributions have little to do with brain activity that leads to graying. Here, with the graying of hair, stress impacts directly on the hair itself causing the sap at the root of the hair to dry out. The hair cannot then take up nutrition and as a result of the prevailing conditions, the hair goes gray.

7. Frequent use of electronic equipment for hair drying and conditioning purposes.

8. Continuous dirty working conditions which make the scalp dirty. An unclean scalp causes the root of the hairs to weaken as dirt block pores.

9. Hard water washing of hair.

***Good News. We've come across an effective solution to gray hair. Click here to find out more.**

Hi aradhanakapor007. Give me some time me to look into that for you. Won't be long.
There are no serious adverse health problems associated with drinking hard water that I have found. However, hard water can contribute to dry skin and hair. But my research has not turned up anything on premature graying being related to the actual consumption of hard water. Still, I would recommend you talk to your doctor about it. Also, I don't think installing a water softener would be a bad idea.

Latest posts

Back