Pressed Mineral Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So anymore thoughts on pressed mineral makeup? I'd love to start using a pressed version. The loose one is so messy and hard to travel with. Anyone tried and liked it? If so, which one(s) did you try and how did it compare to the loose powder form? If you did not like it, why not and which brand(s) did you try? Thanks!

here's a few off the top of my head...

fresh's pressed powder says it's mineral on their gondola, but on sephora.com, it doesn't say that. hm...

cover fx mineral powder foundation

i also did a search on sephora.com...

hourglass (new line?) oxygen mineral foundation

I can't even think of any pressed MMU. Except for maybe Milani's... and I think that it would be handy to keep in your purse, just for touch ups. Gee, I just gave myself a reason to go buy some now... haha.

i dont know any good ones, but i agree, mineral makeup is a PAIN to travel with. And everyone always stares at you like 'what are you doing?' blah.

Hi

I used Fusion of color pressed foundation. It is a nice coverage, can use a sponge or brush for touch ups. She also has a travel compact, that I also keep in my purse, for touch up. I have my loose foundation in it. Now it doesn't move around much in my purse, but so far it does not leak like the other brand. I just turn it over tap it a few times, and I seem to get enough on the sponge inside for a touch up and if I need more I just do it again.

I think eveyday minerals is going to start selling pressed foundation quite soon
icon_colors.gif

It would be awesome to have pressed minerals. Our make up artist loves the minerals, but is constantly cleaning up!!

I also want to try press foundation. I might try one in drugstore first but I bet it's good.

I may have to try this, I just ordered from EDM, if I like their product I can try the pressed if they put it out

thanks

Jane Iredale has pressed minerals and a large color selection. I haven't tried it so I can't give a review. It's expensive though. I think $48

I wonder if the final result is the same of a loose mineral foundation...?

I'd love to try pressed MMU for touching up, but if the coverage is not like loose MMU, then def. not for regular application for me.

Pur Minerals gives nice coverage. It has Bismuth in it but I haven't heard as many negatives about it as I have BE regarding itching

If I'm not mistaken, aubrey nicole should also be coming out with pressed powder soon?

But in the end, I really like the loose powder.. I don't travel that much..

Jane Iredale is the only one that I have used. It is not worth the $48. At first I thought it was OK but now I hate the way it looks. I wear glasses and when I take them off I have this very obvious makeup line. Looks horrible but I am still using it just to finish it up since I paid so much for it. Don't know if I would try a pressed mmu again. Good Luck, Bev

Originally Posted by pooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif So anymore thoughts on pressed mineral makeup? I'd love to start using a pressed version. The loose one is so messy and hard to travel with. Anyone tried and liked it? If so, which one(s) did you try and how did it compare to the loose powder form? If you did not like it, why not and which brand(s) did you try? Thanks! I haven't tried it yet,but I bought all the supplies to make my own! I can't wait to try it out!
CJ

Latest posts

Back