Primer for lips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a great problem to force any make-up to last on my skin. For now I bought smashbox primer for my face and urban decay primer potion for eyeshadow.

But how I make my lipstick/ lipgloss to last???

Even before I started to use MMU I had a great difficulty to find product that lasted. At the end I only used covergirls outlast product only , because nothigh else stayed.

Lately I started to sample MMu lip product and they are so nice. But they last for 1-2 hours and they gone.

How can I make hem last???

There is a primer to use ??

HELP???

lipstick sealant.
smile.gif

MAD minerals have a lipstick sealant that is dirt cheap and it really helps to keep my lipstick to stay put for at least 8 hours, doesn't rub off on tissue or clothes. good stuff. HTH!
biggrin.gif

here's the link:

Stolen Kisses Lipstick Sealant

thnaks for the tip. I ordered one right away. I can not waait to try it out.

I also ordered a sample sat as well, . Bad habit of sampling, eh
smile.gif

Originally Posted by rizzie_x3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif lipstick sealant.
smile.gif
MAD minerals have a lipstick sealant that is dirt cheap and it really helps to keep my lipstick to stay put for at least 8 hours, doesn't rub off on tissue or clothes. good stuff. HTH!
biggrin.gif

here's the link:

oh, i wanna try that! thanks for the info!

Well you're still doing better then me, lipstick won't even stay on me for 1-2 hours. But yeah they do make lipstick sealants out there, but I've never tried one. We have one at work called "Sealed with a Kiss". But try the Meow one. I love meow, but I've never tried the lipstick sealant.

I've never had the need to wear a lip primer but MAD's does seem interesting
wink.gif
Hope it works for ya.

Isnt alcohol supposed to be drying for lips ? I wanted to buy the MAD lipstick sealant too and then I stopped coz I saw it contaned alcohol..

I have been using Mary Kay lip primer and it does work fairly well, but hey.. if the MAD minerals sealant works super nice, I would definitely give it a try..

Any takes on the alcohol it contains ? want this one BAD but am skeptical..

i like Guerlain liplift. it goes on sort of like a wax base with a super yummy scent! it has a nude color to it so it can tone down highly pigmented lips if you want a nude lip look. and it holds lipstick on. there is also an SPF of 6 in it.

i checked guerlains page on sephora and they have a new product called kiiss kiss liplift. that one has spheres to help plump your lips too but i haven't tried that one.

Originally Posted by rizzie_x3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif lipstick sealant.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

here's the link:

this didnt work for me ,just made my lips VERY,VERY DRY
frown.gif

Originally Posted by peachycheeks /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a great problem to force any make-up to last on my skin. For now I bought smashbox primer for my face and urban decay primer potion for eyeshadow. But how I make my lipstick/ lipgloss to last???

Even before I started to use MMU I had a great difficulty to find product that lasted. At the end I only used covergirls outlast product only , because nothigh else stayed.

Lately I started to sample MMu lip product and they are so nice. But they last for 1-2 hours and they gone.

How can I make hem last???

There is a primer to use ??

HELP???

In all honesty, I dont think any of the lip primers available make the lipstick last longer.. They just make the skin softer.
What I have done is use a tiny dab of UDPP on my lips, blending with my finger.... This does help to a certain extent.

But my #1 solution for pale lips is a lip tint. I got the one from The Body SHOP which is a cheek AND lip tint; I apply it in the morning and my lips remain berry-colored ALL day. Seriously. I do touch up the lipgloss on top though as I like my lips to me shiny. But even when the lipgloss is all gone, the berry color from the tint is ALWAYS there. It is a must!!!!

The one from the body shop is pretty good, and I have heard that Benefit's Benetint and The Balm's Stainiac are also pretty good.

I only do this when I go out, so my lipstick lasts longer, but I just use my concealer that I use on my eyes, and put a slight dab of it, and helps maintain my lipstick on longer.

I use a thin layer of foundation on my lips , then apply liner, lipstick. I then dab a bit of translucent powder and blot with tissue. One more layer of lipstick and that should really last!

Originally Posted by MamaRocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a thin layer of foundation on my lips , then apply liner, lipstick. I then dab a bit of translucent powder and blot with tissue. One more layer of lipstick and that should really last! I do the same, that is not a serious help. It only make it last matbe an extra hor or so. I drink a lot of water during the day and most of my lipstick is end up on th bottle. If a tiny bit remain after lunch, it cames off at lunch.

i like to put a good amount of lipbalm before applyign any liproduct, then for special occasions i will apply some concealer on my lips.

i am a gloss addict, so to make sure it stays all day on my lips, i use a lustreglass from MAC. amazing stuff.

Well, Since I started this thread I tried our MAD minreals stolen kisses lip sealant,

Yuck!!!

First of all the alcohol dissolves the oils and waxes in lipstick and lipcolor. So the lipsctick color is half gone by putting on this sealant. So it is totaly useless with lipstick or lipglossess.

However, if I put pure MMu blush or e/s on my lipo and put this MAD minerals lip sealant on top of it, it really makes it last for the whole day.

I really liked this , so I started to wear MMu colors with the lip sealant in the last 1-2 weeks.

The result is that my lips becamed so dried out from the alcohol it cracked and painful!!!

So it is a definetely a big thumbdown from me. I may use it ocassionaly , but it is not for everyday use .

Latest posts

Back