Pro Tips on Bigger Looking EYES

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Master Class with Mario Penailillo:

Making Eyes Look Bigger

t.gif

mc_ff_02.jpg

STEP 1 Apply creamy concealer, a shade lighter than your skin, to the eye area to cover under-eye circles or any other dark tones. Blend with your fingers.

mc_ff_03.jpg

STEP 2 Use an eye shadow brush to highlight the whole eye from the lash line to the brow with light eye shadow.

mc_ff_04.jpg

STEP 3 Use medium-tone color for the crease below the brow bone. Start at the outer corner of the crease and sweep the shadow in a windshield wiper motion to the inner corner of the crease. Brush in and out until well blended. If desired, be creative by mixing two eye shadow colors together for the best possible shade.

mc_ff_05.jpg

STEP 4 Line the top eyelid with a well-sharpened eye pencil. Work from the outer corner to the inner corner of the lash line, staying very close to the lashes. Take a lip brush to smudge the line for a soft, smoky look.

mc_ff_06.jpg

STEP 5 Line the bottom lid in the outer corner of the eye only (one-third of the way in). Use the same color you used to line the top lid, and smudge with the lip brush from the outer corner to the inner corner underneath the eye.

mc_ff_07.jpg

STEP 6 Using the eye shadow brush, add another layer of light eye shadow from the lash line to the brow bone to blend all the colors together. Your eye makeup should appear seamless

STEP 7 Remove any excess makeup with a cotton swab, and dust the area underneath the eye with loose powder to clean up any excess makeup that has fallen below the eye onto the face.

mc_ff_09.jpg

STEP 8 If your lashes grow straight out or down, use an eyelash curler before applying mascara. Otherwise, use a mascara wand to curl lashes by wiggling the wand back and forth at the roots of the lashes. This separates the lashes for even application. Then pull the wand straight up, not out, until lashes are full, but not clumpy. To apply mascara to bottom lashes, start by wiping off the excess product with a tissue once the wand is removed from the case. With the tip of the wand, lightly brush mascara over the bottom lashes.

mc_ff_10.jpg

STEP 9 If your brows are sparse, fill them in lightly with a pencil that matches your natural brow color. Be sure to follow the brow shape (don't create a new line with an eyebrow pencil), then brush with a brow brush.

mc_ff_11.jpg

Recommended Products for Making Eyes Look Bigger

To make eyes appear bigger, Mario Penailillo recommends the following Frederic Fekkai products:

http://beauty.ivillage.com/i/t.gifPrecision Lip Brush

This easy-to-use portable lip brush offers precise control. It's just the right firmness for applying and blending lipstick or concealer.

Price: $18.50

Available: (888) F-FEKKAI (888-333-5524); Frédéric Fekkai Beauté de Provence, NYC and Beverly Hills; select Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue

Satiné, Mystique and Nude Eye Colors

Description: This lasting eye color glides on smoothly and blends effortlessly, yielding a soft finish.

Price: $16

Available: (888) F-FEKKAI (888-333-5524); Frédéric Fekkai Beauté de Provence, NYC and Beverly Hills; select Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue

Eye Shadow Brush

Designed to apply eye shadow smoothly and evenly over the delicate eyelid, this small brush eliminates pulling and tugging.

Pâle Fine Milled Loose Powder

This ultrafine loose powder for all skin types gives a natural, translucent finish. The lightweight texture blends smoothly and effortlessly.

Price: $29

Pâle Cream Texture Concealer

Camouflage tiny flaws and imperfections with this extremely blendable concealer. The creamy formula also helps hide undereye circles, fine lines and wrinkles with even coverage.

Face Brush

An extralarge, domed surface gives this brush the perfect shape for applying loose or pressed face powder smoothly and evenly.

Price: $48

http://a820.g.akamai.net/f/820/822/1d/i.ivillage.com/substance/i/master_class/mc_ff_01.jpg

While working as a makeup artist for Frédéric Fekkai Beauté de Provence for the last four years, Mario Penailillo has had the good fortune to fashion the faces of glamour girls such as Claudia Schiffer, Gillian Anderson, Brooke Shields and Christie Brinkley. These women, and others whose looks are their livelihood, trust Mario's capable hands -- and his finely tuned eye. Mario has also done makeup for Oscar de La Renta, Chanel and Nicole Miller fashion shows, as well as television (The Rosie O'Donnell Show and The Today Show) and magazine work.

*bump*

I found this old thread on a search, and I thought it was interesting and thought maybe other small-eyed girls would like it too!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pin_stripe i love how the model in the tutorial has huuuuge eyes anyway...like, why not use someone to model who actually needs these tips :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know ! I hate when they do that.

Thank you........ I have really small slanted eyes, and would love to make them bigger.

This is a nice tut.

Any mods on this forum willing to re-edit the post?

I think, It'll be useful for others.

I have small eyes so this is helpful! It has a lot of useful tips..thanks for posting!!

Originally Posted by msmechie this helps me soooo much. i know a lot of people with small eyes. thank you! Great Post. Welcome to MUT!

Latest posts

Back