Proactiv?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My skin is not very sensitive and my experience with ProActiv was terrible. Although I followed the instructions, it still left my face red and itchy. One day, it was so red that I had to use a whole bunch of green coloured corrective concealer and liquid foundation to try to cover it up! I would not recommend ProActiv.

I used pro active for a year and it clear my skin, after that it makes my skin very dry and now I have breakouts especially in my forehead

I Had Cystic Acne And Tried Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Is The Only Product That Worked For Me. It's Worth Every Sent!!!! Get It And Try It! I Don't Use The Toner But I Loveeeeeeeeeee The Cleanser And Repairing Lotion. In Malls You Can Get What You Run Out Of Instead Of Having To Keep Buying Kits. I Absolutely Love This Stuff!!!

Cathy

Proactive user for the past 10 years here. Good: It works. I did and still do take a break and supplement other cleansers. I don't use it twice a day. It will dry out your face. I'd suggest supplementing another for night wash. I love proactive and its one of the few products that helped with my acne. I tried sulfur crap, differin, nothing worked for me. I'm also on BCP so that might help a bit (but i was on BCP back then as well). My outbreaks are managable now. I just need to find ways to take better care of my skin for the future.

My sister has severe acne and she tried proactiv for months and the situation only got worse. I dont see how one formulation is suppose to work for all skin types? Im sure it works for some but it is not a guarentee fix for everyone.

I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and have been getting some breakouts on my forehead which is not normal for me. Overall my skin looks clearer...I think I will try it a little longer. What moisturizer is everyone using with Proactiv? I tried cetaphil but I don't like it...now I am trying Aveeno.

The Proactiv product line are effective but way too irritating for most of the people. Staring from the third day my skin truns red and really dry...the dryness is just not nature at all, if I continue to use the product my skin starts to peel out.

I now use Clean & Clear Persa Gel since it got the same active ingredient.

Proactiv did NOTHING for me but make my acne worse. I suffered using it for 2 months becuase I know sometimes your skin gets worse before getting better when trying new things. I will say that my sister used it and it worked wonders for her! Cleared up everything for her. So I guess it's totally depends on the individual. I would look on ebay and get a trial size kit for like 19.99 before opting into thier program and larger kits.

for me, Pro-Activ worked for a few months, then stopped working. Now, I use Tea Tree Oil products (you can find them at The Body Shop) and that seems to keep the acne at bay pretty well.

Latest posts

Back