Proactiv?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Tears_Of_Blood I was thinking of buying it, does it actually work?? For some people it does work, for me it did work but my parents stopped paying for it so I stopped using it. Since then I've found a bunch of different cheaper products that are having the same effect on me.

I saw an ad on TV today about it. Did Jessican Simpson & Elle MacPherson really use it or were they just paid to say that! Is it expensive? I havent seen it around Ireland.

In the short term, it's not extremely expensive. but long run, YES it does add up! i brought the whole travel-size set for $65.00 in canada.

but proactive only worked for me if i used it religiously, and as soon as i stopped, it came back!

so i decided to find a cheaper, more effective way:
go to the dermatologist and get a prescription for Defferin (topical treamtment, only $15, lasts a LONG time) and a prescription of Doxycyclene (anti-biotic). cheaper, more effective, and even if i wanted to stop for a few days, it doesnt effect me!
wink.gif

Hey sugersoul, just saw your notepad there! Well done its great. Packed with lots of info about you
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Hey sugersoul, just saw your notepad there! Well done its great. Packed with lots of info about you
biggrin.gif

thanks
smile.gif
i wish i knew more about html tho! i am hoping to change the color scheme of it soon, and upload my makeup / hair product pix
smile.gif

and of course, i really want to put up more pix of my yummy jack russell terrier
smile.gif
he is so cute for an old dog!!
smile.gif

I've used Proactiv off and on for years, and it does work in clearing up my acne BUT it is sooo drying to my skin. We're talking flaky dryness. I just couldn't put enough moisturizer on my face...and I have oily skin (usually). Now I just use it sporadically. Instead, I've been using MD formulations cleanser for oily, problem skin and have had really great results with it and it's not super drying.

I've heard others say they had the same experience with Proactiv. Some even say it bleached their skin ghostly white. Eeek.
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Tears_Of_Blood I was thinking of buying it, does it actually work??

Originally Posted by Nicolet Instead, I've been using MD formulations cleanser for oily, problem skin and have had really great results with it and it's not super drying. I too have been using MD Formulations and I love it. My skin a lot clearer and when I do break out, I use their acne gel and it works. Luv it! Was going to try Proactiv but found something that works.

Sugarsoul, I just checked out your notepad, too! Have you ever done any modeling? You should. You're beautiful!

Originally Posted by sugersoul thanks
smile.gif
i wish i knew more about html tho! i am hoping to change the color scheme of it soon, and upload my makeup / hair product pix
smile.gif

and of course, i really want to put up more pix of my yummy jack russell terrier
smile.gif
he is so cute for an old dog!!
smile.gif

I love the cleanser! My skin loves it. However, I tried the Advanced Hydrating complex for oily/problem skin and I broke out in little red pimples..more of a rash! Yikes. I was truly bummed. I still haven't found my HG moisturizer. I've gotta try the acne gel. What's in it? Glycolic Acid?

Originally Posted by Marisol I too have been using MD Formulations and I love it. My skin a lot clearer and when I do break out, I use their acne gel and it works. Luv it! Was going to try Proactiv but found something that works.

2.5 oz Glycare Acne Gel: Purified Water, SD Alcohol 40 B, Glycolic Acid, Hydroxypropyl, Methylcellulose, Ammonium Glycolate, Salicylic Acid.

P35021_hero.jpg

I've never tried Pro-Activ.... what worked for me was Murad's Acne Complex Kit. Finally ended years of the breakout cycle! Now I use Differin gel, and certain products from the Murad kit for occasional breakouts (usually once a month...
icon_frown.gif
) And my skin has gotten SO much better!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Tears_Of_Blood, Ive heard some good reviews about Pro Active and like Laura in Ireland ive seen the TV comercials with Jessica Simpson etc,.if you have bad acne it might be worth trying it and ive also heard it's expensive but effective, it might be worth a try if you can afford it.Mabe try one of their products and see how you get on. Do you think you will buy it? My friend in AMerica Cathy, uses it and she thinks it's great.

I'm using it right now. I used to use it in high school, but after a few years, it stopped working. So I was trying to find stuff that worked on me for awhile. So I got back on it this year. I think it's helping clear it up, but I still get breakouts. I think you really have to use it religiously, like morning and night all the time. I get lazy sometimes.

I have oily skin and acne since my early teens, I am in my early 30's now and still break out. I have used Proactiv for about 2 years and got good results. I didn't experience drying. I agree that if you slack off, you will break out. So, I try my best to be consistent. I buy my products off of Ebay now, much better prices, and you can buy items individually as you run out, instead of having to buy the entire set every 2 months. I find that I don't use up the Repairing Lotion as fast as the other products. I love the clay mask too, and it's way overpriced from Rodan & Fields, so I love getting a deal on eBay. I add in other products from other brands here and there, and as long as the Proactiv is the main thing, I stay nice and clear.

A former Proactiv user here. Really liked it for awhile, my mom used to order it for me and then yikes..I ran out and I experienced breakouts/back to square one. It did give me some dryness but it cleared up my skin. The worst complaint about the lotion was that towels and a few articles of clothing got bleached/stained..really bizarre, the benzoyl peroxide most likely. I would probably still use it, if it was more accessible..but have changed to other products that I can purchase without ordering.

oh, i go tmine on QVC. I hate bidding wars on ebay, and it comes out to the same price sometimes, sometimes even cheaper!

i honestly wish i never touched proactiv! i didnt really have bad acne but i wanted perfect skin, and who doesnt lol.. but since using it ive been breaking out easily and places ive never broken out of before like my forehead.. ugh.

I tried once, but it doesn't work for mild acne.

I have mild acne before , and it turned worse after I use proactiv.

I stopped using the product and looked for my own skin regimen, and now I'm back to my normal skin.

I think it will work for some people with severe acne problems. If you have mild acne, I won't recommend you to use proactiv. You should try to find your own regimen, when you battling with acne.

Not all product that works on other people will work on our skin. Every skin has a different way on how to treat them.

The most important thing is to be gentle with your skin and only wash it twice a day, so it won't make your skin irritated. Irritated skin will invite more pimple.

I am so torn ,you see the infomercials and these stars swear its the best.Thank fully i dont have horrible acne,but i occasionlly will get a blemish,stress and stuff,But it bothers me so much.i think i am going to try the dermotologist again.

Back