Products for summer hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys ,i normally blow dry my hair then run a staighten iron over it,but it the summer ,unless i have somwhere special to go ,i would like to just get out of the shower and let it dry naturally.Does anyone know of good products to put in while its wet so it will dry kind of wavy? My hair used to be very wavy but i knocked alot of the waves out.

Thanks guys
smile.gif

I have curly, dry hair so I'm not sure if this helps but I use Paul Mitchell The Conditioner and sometimes I used baby oil with some generic leave-in conditioner.

Originally Posted by blaquepooky I have curly, dry hair so I'm not sure if this helps but I use Paul Mitchell The Conditioner and sometimes I used baby oil with some generic leave-in conditioner. Thanks for the tip!

Hi,

I just bought Garnier Fructis style surf hair,it's new. I always have to blow dry my hair but now that I have this I dont have to anymore if I'm not doing anything special. I really like it. Check it out. http://www.garnierfructis.com/

Lisa
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by leelee04 Hi,
I just bought Garnier Fructis style surf hair,it's new. I always have to blow dry my hair but now that I have this I dont have to anymore if I'm not doing anything special. I really like it. Check it out. http://www.garnierfructis.com/

Lisa
tongue.gif

Thanks Lisa,i have to try this.I love the way garnier products smell, i use the shampoo and conditoner but i havent seen this yet.Thanks again , i will try it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hm...I'm not sure the exact name of the product, but I know there's something that can give you beachy hair without all the sand. I believe it enhances your hair's natural texture and makes it look casually sexy or something. Janelle might know about it, but I'll search a little bit and come back with the name of this product. I think that you might be talking about Bumble & Bumble's Surf Spray. I love it! Givs your hair a nice texture and it doesn't feel sticky. Definately feels like you were at the beach without the sand issues.

Originally Posted by Marisol I think that you might be talking about Bumble & Bumble's Surf Spray. I love it! Givs your hair a nice texture and it doesn't feel sticky. Definately feels like you were at the beach without the sand issues. ohh thanks Marisol,can i get this at the drug store?
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 ohh thanks Marisol,can i get this at the drug store?
biggrin.gif
Nope.. they only sell them at selected salons. You can go to their website www.bumbleandbumble.com & look at the store locator and find the salon closest to you. It looks like a small bottle but it lasts forever.

Originally Posted by Marisol Nope.. they only sell them at selected salons. You can go to their website www.bumbleandbumble.com & look at the store locator and find the salon closest to you. It looks like a small bottle but it lasts forever. Oh ok,i have to try this too.Pretty soon thaks to everyones tips ,i will have plenty to write about in the review center
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine I think John Frieda has a line called "Beach Blonde" so you could maybe look into that and see what you think will suit your needs. Yup... this stuff is nice. The Cool Dip shampoo is great to get out all the gunk from the pool or the beach - and the other products work really well. I think I might have to check out this new Garnier spray - sounds like just what I need!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Sorry I didn't get on here sooner - I was so beat last night I just went straight to bed... I'm pretty caught up at work (finally!!!) so I might do some catching up on here. I've been spending too many late nights on the pc! lol
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yup... this stuff is nice. The Cool Dip shampoo is great to get out all the gunk from the pool or the beach - and the other products work really well. I think I might have to check out this new Garnier spray - sounds like just what I need!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Sorry I didn't get on here sooner - I was so beat last night I just went straight to bed... I'm pretty caught up at work (finally!!!) so I might do some catching up on here. I've been spending too many late nights on the pc! lol
wink.gif

I now what you mean,but is fun when im not online for a hot min,then i come back and there are so many topics to chime in on.
biggrin.gif

For my birthday my friends brought me some umberto giannini products, among which was a "curl friends scrunching jelly", its great! I put this straight onto my hair after washing, then french braid it. Leave it for 10, take the braids out and lovely curly hair =D It stays curly throughout the day though, unless I do major exercise! I would also recommend one of the john frieda curling products, I can't remember the name.. but if you apply it too hair with the slightest kink in it brings out the curls really well ^^

I really like John Frieda's Beach Blonde Ocean Waves...it's a spray and it works to give that tousled wavy look...I also like Frederic Fekkai's Wave Creating Spray and Luscious Curls lotion, but I think the lotion works better if you already have curly or very wavy hair(I have very wavy-almost curly and dry hair)

I also like Beyond the Zone's Noodle Head cream...it even works on not-so-wavy hair for a sexy tousled look.

I use John Frieda's Ocean Waves. I have tried B&B's, but didn't like the smell, whereas John Frieda's smells like the beach. My hair is naturally wavy and the spray gives it such a nice texture. Very sexy, tousled look. Just make sure not to over do it.

are there any products that work to make curly hair less curly and poofy? itd be so great to just put something in and let it dry wavy instead of curly!

Originally Posted by rach007 are there any products that work to make curly hair less curly and poofy? itd be so great to just put something in and let it dry wavy instead of curly! Surf Spray will make your hair wavy if you let is air dry. Its when you scrunch it that it will make it curly.

*bump*

I have a similar question ... my hair is slightly wavy, and I was wondering if anyone knew of some products that I could put in my wet hair that would allow it to dry even wavier and cut down on the frizz -- my hair is very fine and when I don't blowdry it with my John Frieda Wind Down Cream it turns into a fly-away frizzy mess!

Preferably something I can get at the drugstore, since I seldom wear my hair wavy...

Thanks!

Originally Posted by leelee04 Hi,

Lisa
tongue.gif

I second the surf hair-particularly the texture paste!

i think a product with some silicone in it may work for you. i'm using john frieda frizz ease step #4 silicone gel. makes my hair curly with very little frizz and a nice shine to boot. now i'm african american so my hair is probably a different texture than yours, but i do wash my hair everyday and this product allows my hair to dry naturally and keep the curls glossy. costs about $8 at rite aid or cvs.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey guys ,i normally blow dry my hair then run a staighten iron over it,but it the summer ,unless i have somwhere special to go ,i would like to just get out of the shower and let it dry naturally.Does anyone know of good products to put in while its wet so it will dry kind of wavy? My hair used to be very wavy but i knocked alot of the waves out.

Thanks guys
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back