Products that you think are overhyped?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad to hear that other people aren't thrilled with Benefit- I thought it was just me! The textures of their products never seem to work for me. Lemon Aid, for example, just creases my eyeshadow terribly. I do like Benetint, though.

Nars Orgasm does nothing for me, and I am extremely pale. It barely registers on my face.

DiorShow mascara- what the heck? I mean, it smells good, but that doesn't make my lashes look any better! I get much better results from (believe it or not) Maybelline Waterproof Full and Soft. It really holds the curl in my eyelashes unlike any other mascara I've tried.

I like everything and use everything....except for Lancome. But I'm sure it works for some Gals. I always hate these kind of threads they are so negative. I think they discourage people from trying things that might not work for one person, but would be fantastic for another.

Prevage smells like m kid's diaper pail!!! i CANT imagine that someone would pay 150+ to smother that on their faces!!!

Prescriptives "Lash Envy" Mascara - says "Diva-esque lashes of epic proportions, guaranteed to be the Envy of all. New 'Lash Envy' Volumizing Mascara turns your lashes into the voluptuous, luscious lashes you've always craved, with a truly amazing formula. Boosts volume by up to 200%. 12-hour wear. And the exclusive Volumatrix Polymer keeps lashes full and plumped all day"

What a bunch of BS it did not work for me at all.

Prescriptives Brushes -They are way over priced and the brush hairs fall out all the time.

Originally Posted by raquel707marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Prescriptives "Lash Envy" Mascara - says "Diva-esque lashes of epic proportions, guaranteed to be the Envy of all. New 'Lash Envy' Volumizing Mascara turns your lashes into the voluptuous, luscious lashes you've always craved, with a truly amazing formula. Boosts volume by up to 200%. 12-hour wear. And the exclusive Volumatrix Polymer keeps lashes full and plumped all day"What a bunch of BS it did not work for me at all.

Prescriptives Brushes -They are way over priced and the brush hairs fall out all the time.

omg!!! I TOTALLY AGREE!

i actually cant stand most prescriptives products.

overly expensive mascara is all waste in my eyes.

Frederick Fekkhai Glossing Cream . . . didn't do anything for my hair at all! I'm just glad I got a small tube, but what a waste of money.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like everything and use everything....except for Lancome. But I'm sure it works for some Gals. I always hate these kind of threads they are so negative. I think they discourage people from trying things that might not work for one person, but would be fantastic for another. i have to agree i like alot of products that get bad reviews and some things that get great reviews doesnt work for me..like for instance i love lash envy its one of my fav..lol

Originally Posted by chimpy52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Someone has FINALLY mentioned Bobbi Brown! Her jars of eye gels dry out so quickly and MAC's are much better and cheaper. Also her line is way over-priced. MAC's foundation may be too heavy for some of you young chicks, but I like it! But need a waterproof mascara so I don't look like a raccoon during---uhm--- romantic rondezous.. I'm a fan of Bobbi Brown gel liners. I've been using black ink and chocolate shimmer for 7 months and the texture is still creamy and nice. Have you tighten the cap after each use? I also own a few jars of MAC's fluidline and they tend to smudge easily and eventually turned a little dry and chunky. Bobbi's eyeliner gel also has a better resistant for water than MAC's.
and here's my overhyped list:

NARS Orgasm - I can find trillions of blushes that look the same or even better than that.

Benefit - the whole makeup line is poo

Diorshow Mascara - Expensive, did a terrible job at lengthen & volume.

Bare Escentuals Foundations

Tweezerman slanted tweezer - they worth nothing more than $10

Aquolina Pink Sugar - it smells like cheap candies

CHI ceramic styling iron

Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm

I Love nyc make up! but all my freinds told me to use this glitter eye stuff and so i want to buy it about $4. got it home and it look like just reg, eye showdow! i was so mad, i took it back!

Back