Products with slight defects: what do you do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got my Midnight Junkie palette from Urban Decay, and the mouth of the lip gloss is deformed; there's a huge air bubble pressing up against where the product should be coming out, so not only is it deformed, it's difficult to squeeze anything out.

When you have small defects in products like that, do you talk to customer service or just not bother with it? I like the gloss itself, but the defect is annoying. In particular, what's your experience with Urban Decay? Thanks!

Love. Love. Love UD.
wub.gif

I would simply call customer service and see what they can do.  9 out of 10 times they work with you to make sure you're satisfied with your purchase. 

Customer Service in general has been tricky lately and the best way to go into it is with an open mind and knowing that they DONT have to replace your product or refund your money.

In my opinion you get more with honey than with vinegar.... However, some people need a good dose of vinegar to open up their eyes.

So, in short.  Give 'em a call and see what they say!

Good luck!

Thanks! I'll try calling them today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol I guess I'm not really expecting that much, since I doubt they'd want me to send in a teeny tiny lip gloss, and have them send a replacement.

Anyone ever been "jipped" by customer service? I ordered some hair products from Bumble and Bumble, and was supposed to receive another item as an extra. When I contacted them, the woman was really sweet and said they would ship a replacement product--that was a month ago, and it never came in :|

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! I'll try calling them today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol I guess I'm not really expecting that much, since I doubt they'd want me to send in a teeny tiny lip gloss, and have them send a replacement.

Anyone ever been "jipped" by customer service? I ordered some hair products from Bumble and Bumble, and was supposed to receive another item as an extra. When I contacted them, the woman was really sweet and said they would ship a replacement product--that was a month ago, and it never came in :|
She may have just forgotten, I work in a very small customer service department (3 people) and our organization has 12,000 members. Its really easy for me to forget to send a receipt or something once in a while. You should try calling again. 

I would call customer service. I hate the way Urban Decay packages their products, I have heard and seen numerous people having issues with their eyeshadow palettes, lipglosses, etc. I hope they fix this issue :l 

Wow their customer service is amazing, it literally took two minutes! she's sending a replacement :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I thought I'd be placed on hold forever, and then be told there was nothing they could do.

called bumbleandbumble, and there was no record of my previous call :/ they said the item was OOS even though it's in stock on the website, but that's ok.. they were kind enough to send me something else, so I'm satisfied.

Latest posts

Back