professional discounts for MUAs?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name is Joy & I guess this is my first official posting to MuT, if you don't count a review I wrote. I'm really glad to have found this online community!

A little about me, I guess, to introduce myself. I was born & raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, but am currently living in Los Angeles. I studied theater in college and am now working as a make-up artist (been at it for about a year). I've been mainly doing independent film work & always love the chance to do special make-up effects.
smile.gif

So... as for my first question to the board: I'm curious if anyone has any info on make-up artist discounts. MAC & Stila offer 40% discounts at their pro stores to make-up artists (also to cosmetologists and the like, though I don't know for how much). Stila's discount was a great discovery, as they don't charge an annual membership fee like MAC. Does anyone know if any other lines that offer professional discounts?

I look forward to meeting you all!

Take care,

Joy

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Hey everyone,
My name is Joy & I guess this is my first official posting to MuT, if you don't count a review I wrote. I'm really glad to have found this online community!

A little about me, I guess, to introduce myself. I was born & raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, but am currently living in Los Angeles. I studied theater in college and am now working as a make-up artist (been at it for about a year). I've been mainly doing independent film work & always love the chance to do special make-up effects.
smile.gif

So... as for my first question to the board: I'm curious if anyone has any info on make-up artist discounts. MAC & Stila offer 40% discounts at their pro stores to make-up artists (also to cosmetologists and the like, though I don't know for how much). Stila's discount was a great discovery, as they don't charge an annual membership fee like MAC. Does anyone know if any other lines that offer professional discounts?

I look forward to meeting you all!

Take care,

Joy

Hi Joy..Welcome to MuT..Actually MAC and Stila are the only lines I know of that offer discounts to Pro's but I'll do alittle research and see if I can dig up anything else
wink.gif

Welcome to MuT, Joy! Theatre sounds like fun! I majored in English.
smile.gif
Hope to see you around the boards!
smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome! I'm going to continue this search for pro-discounts too. There has to be more out there.

Julia - If I hadn't studied theater, I would have studied English! By the way, I love your Victor Hugo quote.
smile.gif

Ahhh, so you're a closet-English major.
wink.gif
Great to know someone else who loves literature and/or all that English entails!

Thanks - I think that Victor Hugo quote sums up quite a bit in one statement!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Thanks for the welcome! I'm going to continue this search for pro-discounts too. There has to be more out there.
Julia - If I hadn't studied theater, I would have studied English! By the way, I love your Victor Hugo quote.
smile.gif

Welcome to the board!!! Hope you like it here and hope you can give us some good makeup tips. Look forward to seeing you on the board!

Latest posts

Back