Project X Pan Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't going to count mine either, but they've taken me ages, so I figured it would be fair. As punishment to myself for slipping up and buying the MAC Tres Cheek collection (yes...I bought the whole damn thing), sample packets and perfume vials no longer count and neither do products that I have to go out and repurchase because I don't have a backup/similar product. Blergh. 

I'm going to start small and try to hit pan on 1 eye shadow. I have tons of the L'Oreal Infallibles and I swear I could wear them everyday for the rest of my life. They never go away! I wear Iced Latte EVERYDAY on the brow bone and sometimes the lid and you can't tell I've touched it. The Color Tattoo's are the same way! I change my eye makeup so much that getting through one color seems impossible.

I'll join you princess! It's been YEARS since I've hit pan on an eyeshadow, and that was when I was in high school and I only had the UD Ammo palette.

What eyeshadow are you going to pick? I need to go upstairs and sort through my drawer of stuff. I might go for two: MAC Brule and MAC Naked Lunch. Love them both, and they're a great, simple shadow and highlight. 

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to start small and try to hit pan on 1 eye shadow. I have tons of the L'Oreal Infallibles and I swear I could wear them everyday for the rest of my life. They never go away! I wear Iced Latte EVERYDAY on the brow bone and sometimes the lid and you can't tell I've touched it. The Color Tattoo's are the same way! I change my eye makeup so much that getting through one color seems impossible.

I should do a sample version of this. They are my biggest problem, but also my biggest addiction.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll join you princess! It's been YEARS since I've hit pan on an eyeshadow, and that was when I was in high school and I only had the UD Ammo palette.

What eyeshadow are you going to pick? I need to go upstairs and sort through my drawer of stuff. I might go for two: MAC Brule and MAC Naked Lunch. Love them both, and they're a great, simple shadow and highlight. 
I think I'll try for L'Oreal's Iced Latte. It's the only one I use a lot so it's the only one that stands a chance. LOL. I have no idea how they pack so much into that little container! It regenerates or something.  I think college was probably the last time I hit pan. That was back when I had one palatte and used it everyday. Now I have too many colors to stick to just 3 or 4! I might be putting that color on everyone in the house including the dogs trying to use it up.

Hitting pan on an eyeshadow not in a palatte seems impossible! I am about to finish up a Revlon Lip Butter and a mascara. That feels like SOME progress!

I seriously have not seen any of my eyeshadows budge! But last month I finished two mascaras and I hit pan on two face items, so I guess that's good.

Hitting pan on an eyeshadow not in a palatte seems impossible! I am about to finish up a Revlon Lip Butter and a mascara. That feels like SOME progress!

I've been lurking MUT for a while, but after reading everyone else's Project X Pans and No-buys, I decided to join in. I don't have a large amount of makeup, but I find that if I make a goal, like using up products, I'm more inclined to actually do my skin care routine/wear makeup daily. So my Project X Pan is to 10. I'm going to count skin care products as well, such as lotion/cleansers. Each E/S in a palette will count as 1. My reward will be finally buying one of the Naked palettes, since I'm a neutral shadow junkie! I'm very excited about this. 

Hi girls, I'm new to MUT and I'm new to the whole Project 10 Pan concept. I've recently started a Project 47 Pan and a low buy.

I decided to do a Project pan since I have a lot of makeup and I'm running out of space. Also, I find myself reaching for the same 10 items and I never were some of my more high end make up.

On my project pan list I have drug store items like concealers, powder, eye products, and misc. items. I also have a collection of Dior lipsticks that I have fallen out of love with.

Since I plan on replacing my basic makeup like foundation, powder, and concealers, I'm only doing a low buy rather than doing a no buy. Also I've noticed a few limited edition collections are coming out that I *must* own, like the ELF villains palettes and the upcoming MAC Archie's Girls collection.

I think one of my hardest challenges with a low buy is the fact that I do not pay for my own makeup. I'm a full-time student and I live with family. I shop with my grandmother and I think she feels guilty buying herself something without buying me something too.

-Sarah

Anyone else doing a project pan right now? I'm about 1/3 of the way done with mine and i'm starting to go stir crazy with my products...

with a lot of patients and determination you guys can do it.

good luck!!!

Edit - Please no blog links, thank you! - Mod Staff

Since the end of last year I have been on Project 75 pan. I went into it because I have a lot of products (in my opinion). I also have a box of products unopened which I dubbed as my "back ups" but really, they are products I want to try out but I don't want to open without finishing a few products in my stash.

My rules are after finishing 25 and 50 products, I could replenish my stash by buying only things I would need in my collection.

I only include cosmetics and hair products because I don't want to limit my skin care products.

So far I am 10 products in and I haven't strayed yet. I gave away a bunch of products to my brother's friends so I'm not even sure if I have enough products to finish my project.

Back