Project X Pan Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies!

This is the thread for anyone and everyone who wants to embark on a project pan. Share a couple things about yourself, such as:

Why are you going on a project pan?

What are you including in your project pan?

How many items are you planning to use up before your project pan is complete?

And so on and so forth. Use this thread to share your plans, any struggles you have along the way, and of course, any successes you have. 

Welcome to the Project X Pan support group!

I'm doing a project 20 for make up, and I use until gone before opening a new one on skincare stuff. I'm also not buying new skincare stuff other than my samples (which I'm down to three subs now.) My make up project 20 pan will include palettes, but each color in a palette counts as one. LETS GO.

I'm doing a Project 25 Pan on cosmetics and cosmetic related things (like makeup remover and brush cleanser). I decided to focus on makeup because I have so much of it, and there is no way I will finish all of it if I keep on buying. I'll only buy something if I run out of it, but the likelihood of that happening is very, very slim. I still have a lot of samples, skincare, haircare, and just other misc beauty items, but since I'm down to only two beauty subscription programs (and that will hopefully be going down to one next month) those things should be getting under control pretty soon. 

Also, for the mini/deluxe samples of makeup items I have, I'm only going to be counting those as 1/2, so in order to count them as 1 out of my 25, I have to finish 2. Oh, and none of this counting items that I only hit pan on. In order to count, those suckers gotta be totally finished.

WE CAN DO THIS!

True! I have a feeling this will take me at least half a year. But my wallet, bathroom counter, and husband would probably definitely appreciate it if I cooled the buying. 

I'm in! I have 6 palettes to go through! Which will take me a long time to finish as really the only time I wear makeup is on Sundays to church! I have an 83 piece palette with 64 eyeshadows, the little black beauty book of colors with 28 eyeshadows, a cream shadow palette of 6, a 32 piece palette, 2-5 palette shadows, and 12 individual shadows that I need to make my way through!

hmmm now that I actually put that down on print...I have a lot of shit I need to use up and it's gonna take me till probably 2030 to use it all!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in! I have 6 palettes to go through! Which will take me a long time to finish as really the only time I wear makeup is on Sundays to church! I have an 83 piece palette with 64 eyeshadows, the little black beauty book of colors with 28 eyeshadows, a cream shadow palette of 6, a 32 piece palette, 2-5 palette shadows, and 12 individual shadows that I need to make my way through!

hmmm now that I actually put that down on print...I have a lot of shit I need to use up and it's gonna take me till probably 2030 to use it all!

Lol I feel the same way! I've hit pan on like one eyeshadow my entire life, and that was when I was wearing that color daily. 

I actually finished my entire UD ammo palette when I was in high school. That was the only eyeshadow I had, and I pretty much only had one of everything else. 

In other news, I think I'm going to put my Dermstore gift card to use and get some cream blush. It's starting to warm up and get more humid where I'm at, and I've found in the past that during hotter weather, cream blush works best. I was out at Sunday brunch with some friends, and when I got back in my car after sitting outside all morning, my powder makeup had started to look pretty gross and cakey. 

Also: hit pan on something! Maybelline Matte Mousse Foundation!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol I feel the same way! I've hit pan on like one eyeshadow my entire life, and that was when I was wearing that color daily. 

I am doing a project X pan because I don't know how many I want to use up, but I need to clear space from my overflowing drawers. I am on a very low buy of about 1 item a month, mainly Mac brushes as I am trying to build my collection. I intend to tackle the half-used items lying around, many of which I don't like as much. But I finished 16 items so far in 2012! I intend to cull about 60 items this year, but only retail and deluxe size samples count :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

January 2012

1. Andrea Eye Q's Gel Makeup Remover for Eyes & Lips (Retail)
  2. L'Oreal Serie Expert Vitamino Color Color Protecting Shampoo (Retail)
  3. City Girl Aloe Vera Nail Polish Remover (Retail)
  4. Clinique Mild Liquid Facial Soap (Deluxe Sample)
  5. Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel (Deluxe Sample)

February 2012

1. The Body Shop White Musk Body Lotion (Deluxe Sample)
  2. Dove Intense Repair Shampoo (Deluxe Sample)
  3. 2 Tubs of Dove Intense Repair Treatment Mask (Deluxe Sample)
  4. Clinique Pore Minimizer Refining Serum (Deluxe Sample)

March 2012

1.  BabyPink T-zone Cover  (Retail)
  2.  Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum (Deluxe Sample)
  3.  Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo (Retail)
  4.  Dove Intense Repair Conditioner (Deluxe Sample)
  5.  Bath & Body Works Orange Sapphire Body Lotion (Deluxe Sample)
  6.  Vichy Hydra-Fresh Detoxifying Toner (Retail)

Retail sized: 6

Deluxe samples: 10

Makeup: 3

Skincare: 13

I hit pan on an item today! It made me pretty happy. I still have a long ways to go before I actually finish it, but actual evidence that I'm making progress is always encouraging. 

I'm starting to think this is going to take me a year to complete, lol. Which is probably not a bad thing...I JUST bought a naked palette (the original) and its what I use every day, but obviously it will take a while to make a dent in it, even with every day use. All my other palettes and shadows are being neglected, lol. I think I'm going to maybe sell some stuff instead of trying to use it up. Has anyone sucessfully sold things that have been swatched on e-bay? 

Yeah, I was just thinking about how long this will take. I think I actually might just go ahead and count minis and deluxe sizes as a full item because even though they are small, they still take a really, really long time to use up. I've been using my deluxe sample of Hoola everyday, and it looks like no progress has been made at all! Kinda disheartening. So, in order to feel like some actual progress is being made, they'll be counted as full sizes.

Oh, and don't you just love your Naked palette?! I have the original as well, and I really want Naked 2. I think that's going to go on my birthday or Christmas wishlist, though. I have a ton of palettes to make it through, since I bought pretty much every single Stila travel palette when they went on sale. 

I think selling items is a good idea! If you don't want to sell on eBay, I've seen tons of blog sales that seem to do pretty well, and the vast majority of items being sold that way are lightly used or just swatched. If my collection is still taking up too much space, I might consider doing a blog sale once the semester is over. 

I'm starting to think this is going to take me a year to complete, lol. Which is probably not a bad thing...I JUST bought a naked palette (the original) and its what I use every day, but obviously it will take a while to make a dent in it, even with every day use. All my other palettes and shadows are being neglected, lol. I think I'm going to maybe sell some stuff instead of trying to use it up. Has anyone sucessfully sold things that have been swatched on e-bay? 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I was just thinking about how long this will take. I think I actually might just go ahead and count minis and deluxe sizes as a full item because even though they are small, they still take a really, really long time to use up. I've been using my deluxe sample of Hoola everyday, and it looks like no progress has been made at all! Kinda disheartening. So, in order to feel like some actual progress is being made, they'll be counted as full sizes.

Oh, and don't you just love your Naked palette?! I have the original as well, and I really want Naked 2. I think that's going to go on my birthday or Christmas wishlist, though. I have a ton of palettes to make it through, since I bought pretty much every single Stila travel palette when they went on sale. 

I think selling items is a good idea! If you don't want to sell on eBay, I've seen tons of blog sales that seem to do pretty well, and the vast majority of items being sold that way are lightly used or just swatched. If my collection is still taking up too much space, I might consider doing a blog sale once the semester is over. 

YES I AM OBSESSED WITH IT. I don't need another neutral palette, so I refuse to buy naked 2, though. 

The other problem is I have about 10 different eyeshadows that are exactly the same color as half baked, lol. I LOVE that color, obviously, but I don't need it in 9 different brands. I'm going to look through my stuff tonight and see what is sellable that I have too many of. I really dont' need the two BH cosmetics palettes I have, I know that for sure. I don't necessarily need to make money off of this stuff, but whatever I CAN get back, I'll take, especially if it makes some space. 

oh, same here. I have a crapton of neutrals (because that's really all I wear) in all shapes and forms. I'm going to work on getting through a lot of my eyeshadow singles and less-loved palettes. I would be totally fine if the Naked palettes were the only eyeshadows I have, because those are the only colors I really want to use. 

Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be able to sell most of my stuff. Most of it's been used multiple times,  and I don't think I have anything that's just been swatched or lightly used. Siiiigh. I can do this though. Just gotta keep on truckin', and keep remembering WHY I'm doing this and just how rewarding it's all going to be once I do succeed! 

YES I AM OBSESSED WITH IT. I don't need another neutral palette, so I refuse to buy naked 2, though. 

The other problem is I have about 10 different eyeshadows that are exactly the same color as half baked, lol. I LOVE that color, obviously, but I don't need it in 9 different brands. I'm going to look through my stuff tonight and see what is sellable that I have too many of. I really dont' need the two BH cosmetics palettes I have, I know that for sure. I don't necessarily need to make money off of this stuff, but whatever I CAN get back, I'll take, especially if it makes some space. 

oh, same here. I have a crapton of neutrals (because that's really all I wear) in all shapes and forms. I'm going to work on getting through a lot of my eyeshadow singles and less-loved palettes. I would be totally fine if the Naked palettes were the only eyeshadows I have, because those are the only colors I really want to use. 

Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be able to sell most of my stuff. Most of it's been used multiple times,  and I don't think I have anything that's just been swatched or lightly used. Siiiigh. I can do this though. Just gotta keep on truckin', and keep remembering WHY I'm doing this and just how rewarding it's all going to be once I do succeed! 

Yessss and if neutrals are all you wear, then no need to buy more if you have the naked palette waiting for you! That is my philosophy, I bought a smokey eye kit from thebalm and while the colors are nice, I don't need them. Along with the 2 palettes I have from bhcosmetics which are super bright colors, I def only need one of those because I only wear brights under the glitter I wear on weekends, and I don't even do that every weekend anymore. It will feel really good to be able to say the only make up I have is stuff I regularly use! 

I know right?! I've already decided that if I can make a ton of progress on those Stila travel palettes and get rid of them, I'll get the second one. But until that very distant time..I have other things to attend to!

I also decided that if there's a shadow in a palette that I don't really care for or it doesn't look good on me, I'm not going to bother getting through it. I'm going to consider a palette finished when 75% of it is gone. 

Having only makeup that you use...that's gotta be a terrific feeling. I'm also guessing that buying makeup occasionally when you don't have big heaping piles of it has to be a miraculous, guilt-free feeling. one thing that I've already discovered is that so few of my items are "loves" and out of the products that are nearing their finish, I can't think of any that I would repurchase again. Some things I really don't even like. Next time I do purchase something, I want to have thoroughly researched it and tested it out in person. I also think that if it's been an intense want for three months or more, then I can buy it. Hopefully that should help with impulse purchases. 

Yessss and if neutrals are all you wear, then no need to buy more if you have the naked palette waiting for you! That is my philosophy, I bought a smokey eye kit from thebalm and while the colors are nice, I don't need them. Along with the 2 palettes I have from bhcosmetics which are super bright colors, I def only need one of those because I only wear brights under the glitter I wear on weekends, and I don't even do that every weekend anymore. It will feel really good to be able to say the only make up I have is stuff I regularly use! 

I know right?! I've already decided that if I can make a ton of progress on those Stila travel palettes and get rid of them, I'll get the second one. But until that very distant time..I have other things to attend to!

I also decided that if there's a shadow in a palette that I don't really care for or it doesn't look good on me, I'm not going to bother getting through it. I'm going to consider a palette finished when 75% of it is gone. 

Having only makeup that you use...that's gotta be a terrific feeling. I'm also guessing that buying makeup occasionally when you don't have big heaping piles of it has to be a miraculous, guilt-free feeling. one thing that I've already discovered is that so few of my items are "loves" and out of the products that are nearing their finish, I can't think of any that I would repurchase again. Some things I really don't even like. Next time I do purchase something, I want to have thoroughly researched it and tested it out in person. I also think that if it's been an intense want for three months or more, then I can buy it. Hopefully that should help with impulse purchases. 

Yes, I feel the same way! If I get through everything but the bright blues in a pallette, I'm not going to fuss over tossing it. I just want to get some control on this, again. I know I go through different phases of obsession and compulsion (I've had so much therapy for this, lol), but they always transfer to something new rather than going away completely. I'm trying to put the energy I've been putting into make up into couponing, lol. 

I go through those phases, too! My fixation on cosmetics has lasted me a pretty long time (longer than the shoes, clothes, perfumes, etc), and I'm hoping that through this time I can turn my focus to something that isn't so destructive or expensive, like working out or a hobby. Maybe we'll get a rush every time we finish a product? That would be nice!

Yes, I feel the same way! If I get through everything but the bright blues in a pallette, I'm not going to fuss over tossing it. I just want to get some control on this, again. I know I go through different phases of obsession and compulsion (I've had so much therapy for this, lol), but they always transfer to something new rather than going away completely. I'm trying to put the energy I've been putting into make up into couponing, lol. 

Welp I just unintentionally hit pan on lorac 3-d-mension lol. I was going through my stuff to see what I should sell and I dropped it and it all fell out of the container. 3-d-luxe also cracked but fortunatley thebalm mischevious marissa and sexy stacey both survived and turns out they are pretty much straight dupes of two shadows I already have. 

Haha, yay? I'm a klutz, so I'll probably end up doing the same thing at some point, lol. How many items did you find that you could sell?

Latest posts

Back