prom makeup..suggestions plz

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys, wanted to ask for some suggestions on how i should do my makeup for my prom this upcoming october.

here's the dress:

DSC01223.jpg

i don't want something too dramatic, because i'm asian and using black/dark colours would just make my eyes smaller although they aren't exactly that small, but i would just like to make them look bigger though.

please help..thx~!

Kumiko with the color of your dress I believe blue/ jewel shades of eyeshadows would be perfect!!You can emphasize your eyes since the dress is so good and leave your lips and cheeks with more natural shades like pink!! I'm not an expert but I hope I was helpful!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Wow, what a gorgeous dress!!
biggrin.gif
It looks so slinky and sophisticated - I love it!!

Considering your dress is such a gorgeous color, I'd stick to neutrals on the eye. Maybe a champagne on the lid with black liner and macara, flushed cheeks, and YLBB lipstick/gloss? JMO!!

Adore the dress Kumiko! Welcome to MakeUpTalk by the way. I like Erica's suggestion of the champagne eyes.

If you need help with anything on this site dont hesitate to PM me or one of the other moderators!

ooh. i saw some people use these eye shadows from mac:

-amber lights on the lid

-a dark teal color in the crease like ingenue blue or shimmermoss

-and maybe a little more darker in the outer v area by adding plumage or a black e/s.

WOW..thanks for all the lovely suggestions. will one of u girls be able to do up a tutorial or take a photo with the champayne MU or the tealish MU suggested by Liz?

u girls are so welcoming ^^

That is one gorgeous dress! I agree with the other suggestions - go fairly neutral with the mu but maybe have an eyeliner in a similar colour to the dress, just to add a little flash of colour. Have a great time!

I'd stick with the neutral/tan/cream colors with a slight pink lip. I think it would just complete the look of elegance.

That's a beautiful dress and I think if you use colors or smoky eyes it will take away from the whole package look.

Back