Prom Makeup Suggestions??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ok so my Senior prom is coming up on May 5th -roughly 12 days from now I believe- and I have no idea what to do with my makeup. Could you help me?

Here's what my dress looks like:

As you can see, it's pretty wild lol. I plan on wearing my hair down in sort of a "blonde bombshell" sort of style -think Victoria's Secret- and will have pink feather earrings. I want my makeup to look polished with sort of a glam/edgy flair.

My original idea as far as my eye makeup goes was to have subtle nude/brown eyeshadow with black winged out liquid liner followed up by a thin line of pink liner directly on top of the black, but I don't know if that would work.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what I can do with my makeup? I'd really appreciate any help you could give me. Pictures & examples are more than welcome. Thanks ladies! <3

~Lexi

A 1950's look would be perfect would not over power the hair and dress. Nude wash keep the shimmer very low, doe eye with a tail, a taupe powder smudged very lightly on the lower lash line little to no cheek color and a magenta lip to match your dress. Don't forget the beauty mark a dab of eye lash glue with the back end of your makeup brush then color. Your dress is amazing!

I personally think going with a good brown in the corners and crease of your eye lids into a bronze center and lighter cream in your tear duct area, line it with black liner and do your lashes up! It'll match your animal print and play your lips up to a lighter version of your pink or even just a matching gloss over a nude lip color. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow!!  That's an amazing dress!!

I have to say tho, with such a "BAM" dress, id tone down everything else to give the dress all the power it deserves.

I agree, keep it neutral and play up your lips... Id pass on the feather earings too and focus on simple metal jewelry, and maybe an awesome cocktail ring.

Some ideas:

For Jewelry you can do something:

Simple:

or Betsy Johnson like:

Some glam?

Just some suggestions.

Enjoy.

Post pics of the Prom too!!  Id love to see what you put together!!

I like your black liner idea, but I'd also go for a sexy brown and pink eye. This is one of those dresses where you can match your dress to your makeup! I wouldn't go for a ton of blush, and lip gloss instead of lipstick would look nicer!

Thank you all SO much for your suggestions! I truly appreciate it! I tried them out and decided to go with a neutral brown eye with somewhat of a 50's flair via liquid eyeliner -think Marylin Monroe- and a lighter pink lip color to play it up as you all suggested :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here are a couple of pictures from prom night:

You can't see the pink lips as well as I'd like in this pic thanks to my room's lighting, but I used an NYC lipstick in Petal and applied a clear shimmery gloss over it to finish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aaand then here's an impromptu cheesy pic of me in my prom dress :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you all again! Your advice helped me out a lot and made my night fantastic! I got quite a few compliments on the makeup too. You all are great! <3

BTW, LOVE that dress. Hardcore love. It's like a mashup of my favorite fifties and eighties stuff (and, yes, VERY Betsey)

You look beautiful I hope you had a wonderful night! Your makeup, hair were perfect. Calexxia is right very Betsey Johnson love it.

Latest posts

Back