Purple Eyeshadow Recommendations

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lately, I’ve been stepping out of my comfort zone and bought a green eyeshadow (MAC) and a blue (which I’ve bought before). I’d like to buy a purple eyeshadow, but I’ve NEVER worn a purple eyeshadow before. Do you have any recommendations based on my skin tone? I’m MAC NW45/summer and NC50/winter; I'm NW45 now. That’s me in the avatar picture. I’d prefer something not too glittery. And it doesn’t have to be MAC, but I'd prefer something with a lot of pigment. My budget for each shadow is up to $20.

You have a beautiful complexion and I think you could pull off any shade! Black Radiance Eyeshadow Quads are AMAZING and they are less than $6.00.

Hi, how about trying Barry M, they have a really good collection of eye shadows similiar to Mac but alot cheaper, i buy Mac eye shadows but also like Barry M, i think Purple would suit you, Dior also have some gorgeous eye shadows, i also think gold/bronze would look lovely on you, good luck finding a purple colour, Mary

Originally Posted by marygambrell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi, how about trying Barry M, they have a really good collection of eye shadows similiar to Mac but alot cheaper, i buy Mac eye shadows but also like Barry M, i think Purple would suit you, Dior also have some gorgeous eye shadows, i also think gold/bronze would look lovely on you, good luck finding a purple colour, Mary Thanks! I have a gold/bronze quad.
luv.gif
I have all the "safe" colors.

Black Radiance have some great quads! I am going to pick them all up this week I hope!

I really like Milani Wild Violets eyeshadow quad, worth checking out.

Some of my MAC favorites are: Nocturnelle, Star Violet, and Trax.

Hope this helps!
smile.gif

Wow, ladies, thanks!

I've looked into these shadows, some brands I had never heard of. MAC, of course, I've heard of, but I've overlooked the shadows mentioned.

Originally Posted by Shelley /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really like Milani Wild Violets eyeshadow quad, worth checking out.
smile.gif
Ditto to this one!! I just found one and I LOVE it!! The colors are gorgeous and highly pigmented. I'm not sure if they're still making it, I found mine at a store that NEVER updates their display, but if you can find it, it's awesome!! And they're like $5.99 or something like that.

A really great purple eyeshadow is Loreal Hip High Intensity pigment in Reckless. It's a duo of a dark purple and an iridescent pink. Simply Beautiful.

I like Mattese NYC's High Density Purple and High Density Magenta eyeshadow Powders.

Milan Minerals has gorgeous purples such as Passion Play and Extassy which is more of a fuschia like purple. These colors are just stunning.

Milani Wild Violets eyeshadow quad was the first purples I started with. Really pigmented

I went crazy after seeing Oprah wearing a deep purple eyeshadow on her show one day. I finally found the exact shade in the Mary Kay line. It is wonderful!!! I may not have billions, but my eyes are sure cute...

wiuld recommend MAC nocturnelle (sorry about the spelling!) and parfait amour and these two colours really compliment each other. Plum dressing is another which is a more deep purple. But a way to make sure the pigments really show is to put a paint/cream colour or even a shade stick on first, preferabbly a neutral colour and this will hold the colour. hope this helps.

I recently bought the Dior 5-color e/s in Sweet Illusion.

It is GORGEOUS and it was around $56 with tax and all, so it's around $10 per color.

I love dior shadows, they look amazing, the case is beautiful and they really stay on all day.

I love this palette and I think it would work out great for ya!

Latest posts

Back