Q about Back 2 MAC

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so do we have to send in the empty BOXES of stuff that the MAC came in? Like the boxes that the e/s came in, or the lip gloss box? Or is it the empty jar of e/s or tube of l/g?

Also, where do we send it?

You don't need to send them anywhere. You actually can take the empties to any location and exchange them for a new lippie (except the Viva Glam ones).

Here is more info from the site:

Back to M·A·C Program

As a part of a pro-environment commitment to recycle/reuse waste, M·A·C recycles its primary packaging through the Back to M·A·C Program. M·A·C encourages our customers to return primary packaging of many M·A·C products to M·A·C counters. This packaging is then forwarded to appropriate recycling centers. By returning six (6) M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter, you will receive a free M·A·C Lipstick of your choice [except for the Viva Glams]. This is how we thank you for helping the environment through recycling.

Most primary packaging of M·A·C products is accepted as Back to M·A·C "currency." M·A·C does not accept the following as a part of the program:

* Secondary packaging of any sort [paper box, plastic/cellophane wrapper, shopping bags, etc.]

* Samples [sample containers, special/trial size products for promotional/seasonal kits]

* Cosmetic applicators/tools [disposables, puffs, sponges, scissors, spatulas, swabs, sharpeners, tweezers, curlers]

* Accessories [bags, belts, makeup cases, lashes, Blot Film]

In addition to our "Back to M·A·C Program," M·A·C uses minimal packaging and recycled paper to paperboard packaging in our offices, manufacturing and distribution facilities. Vegetable-based inks are used for printing whenever possible. At M·A·C we share your concerns about the environment and we are continually looking for ways to address those concerns while providing our customers with complete product satisfaction and safety.

Thanks Marisol! I was a little confused about that...

Do you know if they will accept e/s cases without the pan in them? Like when you de-pot a L.E. e/s and put the pan in a palette? Or do you have to have the empty pan in there too?

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Thanks Marisol! I was a little confused about that...
Do you know if they will accept e/s cases without the pan in them? Like when you de-pot a L.E. e/s and put the pan in a palette? Or do you have to have the empty pan in there too?

I've turned in many e/s pots without the pan in them with no problem!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I've turned in many e/s pots without the pan in them with no problem!
smile.gif
What Erica said!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I've turned in many e/s pots without the pan in them with no problem!
smile.gif
Me too!!
Though some of the SA's do look at them at a bit funny and ask why they are so deformed! And they're always shocked to hear that you can melt the pot to get the pan out! But i think they are pretending to act all innocent!!!

Just FYI, Brush cleaner, mascara & the false lash boxes are the quickest way to get your free lipstick.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Just FYI, Brush cleaner, mascara & the false lash boxes are the quickest way to get your free lipstick.
smile.gif
You rock!
claps.gif

Latest posts

Back