QOTD April 23, 2012: How Well Do You Give Compliments?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think we don't compliment enough.  Women don't accept compliments well and we don't give compliments well.  What do you think?  Do you give compliments where they are due?  Even to strangers? When someone gives you a compliment, do you accept it the way it was intended or do you shy away from it?

I'm pretty good about giving compliments but I have a hard time accepting them even when they're due or earned. I know when I've done a good job but for whatever reason it makes me real self-conscious when someone compliments me. I guess in my mind, if they notice the really good things I've done and compliment me on it, I wonder what awful stuff have I also done that they haven't mentioned. I'm also very shy. Alright, I'm cynical too lol. 

I've learned how nice it feels when a random stranger will come up to me and tell me they liked my outfit or how I styled my hair that if I happen to see someone and we're just standing around, I'll usually pipe up and compliment them.  I've learned it can really brighten up my day when I get complimented, so I try to make sure that I pass on the favor.

I compliment people somewhat often. I feel like I might come off as creepy, but I don't care. I never say anything that crosses a line, but I know how I feel. I don't always compliment people when I think of one though. Compliments are good conversation starters.

Now receiving compliments on the other hand, I can't deal with. I always feel so weird about it.

I'm pretty good at receiving compliments. I'm not shy about it. I remember telling a girl I really liked her blush and it looked good on her...she was so happy to hear that. It's good to give compliments to girls who deserve it. If I see a chick with really nice makeup/hair and she's a total snotty biotch, nope!

I give compliments to friends, family and strangers when I really like something they have on. Sometimes I can't help myself and don't really think before I do it. Lol. I, on the other hand,  don't take compliments very well. If it's a stranger I'll smile and say thank you. But for some reason if it's, say, my boyfriend. I just smile and get all bottled up. I'm not sure why though.
stupido.gif

I believe I'm good in complimenting people. I compliment my boyfriend, friends or sister whenever they've done something good, or just look good - which means nearly every day.
I never compliment strangers though. But that's normal in Denmark :)

I love getting compliments from strangers.  It makes my want to pay it forward and compliment someone else that I don't know.  Its an unexpected perk to my day and it makes me happy for the rest of the day.  I try to compliment people, both those I know and don't know.  If everyone is feeling good, the world would be a much better place. 

I give everyone and anyone compliments (even to strangers on the street), I like to make people feel happy,sometimes people will even say to me, I made their day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> LOL

I'll compliment anyone if something about them catches my eye. It's generally, "I like your ___" (hair, makeup, shoes) when it comes to strangers.

Latest posts

Back