QOTD April 6, 2012: How Do You React To Change?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some people love change.  They try new things all the time and they get bored of routine.  Some people hate change.  They fear trying something new because they fear being disappointed.  Those people love routine and are very comfortable even to think about change.

Me?  I'm starting a new job soon.  I'll go from working part time -32hrs/wk to 37.5hrs/wk.  This cuts down the time I have to get the house organized and spend with my kids.  In exchange, I'll make more $ and perhaps develop my career path a bit.  I'm not certain about this change but I'm excited and worried at the same time.  I like small amounts of change and will roll with the times but I'm not one to constantly be searching for something new.  

I like the structure of routine so that I CAN roll with change, if that makes sense.

I like the excitement of change, but it scares me sometimes, too. I've been a stay at home mom for 2+ years, and recently started going back to school, so that was a big scary exciting change, and now I'm about to apply to my school's nursing program, so another really big, really scary and really exciting change,

I couldn't be a stay-at-home mom because it was not affordable but I did work reduced hours, first at 30hrs then 32.  I think I'll miss that extra 5.5hrs the most.  This new job is a pilot project and its will be a new thing for everyone involved and it is at the Head Quarters level rather than local.  I'm very excited about this aspect but it sucks that I can't retain my part-time status.  It was the giant fly in the ointment :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    Best of luck on the new Nursing career.

Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the excitement of change, but it scares me sometimes, too. I've been a stay at home mom for 2+ years, and recently started going back to school, so that was a big scary exciting change, and now I'm about to apply to my school's nursing program, so another really big, really scary and really exciting change,

I'm going through a career change right now, and I love it! A lot of my coworkers are kind of put off by the change, I"m being promoted and they are restructuring job descriptions instead of replacing my old position. 

But yeah, I  love change! It is exciting and fun and keeps me wanting to get out of bed in the morning.

Hmmmmm . . .   For me, it depends on what kind of changes they are.  I do love routines- but not if they get super boring.

This is a really interesting question. I think it kind of depends what it is, I thrive off novelty but at the same time I like to live around a routine and know what to expect. I guess I like change, just not too much of it too fast.

Sounds to me like we are all pretty much alike.  Routine with variations is what most have answered and not really change. 

Change is difficult for me. I think making changes need energy and patience. But we do need change to progress!

I love change. I like staying busy and getting reorganized makes me feel useful lol. When I went back to school it was a major change. It's still harder now bc now I have to deal with my son's extra events at school but it's all for the best at the end of the day.  Of course, this means sacrificing a lot of free time with him and my husband but having help and support makes a huge difference. Being optimistic makes the biggest difference!

Latest posts

Back