QOTD January 18, 2012: Would You Clone A Loved One?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When the cloning process has been perfected, would you clone a loved one?  A lost pet?  A child? A friend?  

If money was no object, how far would you go to have that loved one back?  Would you go as far as to have a person cloned?  Would you have your cat or dog cloned?

Me?  As much as I love my non-human babies, when their time has passed, I will say good bye.  

I don't think cloning a human loved one could be healthy. Genetically they may be the same but that's it. Just like identical twins with the same upbringing that are genetically identical (not fraternal), some of them are complete opposites from each other!

As much as I love them, I would not clone them. They are irreplacable and it's on the inside that counts and I don't think that can be cloned.

As much as I would want to...I don't think I would. To be able to touch them, look them in their eyes and hear their voice again. I think it would be a very difficult decision to make. Especially, when it's a child.

I agree. I'd love to be able to see and talk to my grandmother again, but I don't think it'd be same emotionally.

Originally Posted by Ms-Jelena /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As much as I love them, I would not clone them. They are irreplacable and it's on the inside that counts and I don't think that can be cloned.

As it is today cloning isn't really creating the exact same animal, as I understand it the cloned animal become more like a twin, which to me isn't "good enough" and therefore I can't see the point in cloning anyone. If however the cloning process would be perfected and it was indeed possible to clone someone, a pet or human, it would indeed be intriguing albeit unethical. Still though, even if I'd give anything to have my cats back, I'd wonder about the soul of the cats since I assume it goes to another place whenever you die. Will the clone get that soul back - or will it end up being soulless? It's scary to think of and ultimately I'm sure I wouldn't be able to such a thing because it simply doesn't feel right to me.

Back