QOTD June 3, 2012: Do You Like To Tan?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Summer is approaching.  Do you like to sport a tan or do you cover up and stay away from the sun?

Me?  I won't tan on purpose but I like to do outdoor activities while it is nice out.  

I avoid the sun with a passion. Won't use self-tanner...hell, don't even like bronzer.

I think it was growing up in the South and reading GWTW a fewwwww too many times that convinced me that the perfect look for me is dark hair and the palest skin possible.

I'm naturally super pale, which I don't have a problem with really but since I'm almost Casper-white most of the year I like to tan a bit in the summer just for the variety. Oddly enough I tan extremely easily and one day of tanning is enough to make me go from being practically white to a warm light milk chocolate color (if that makes any sense, lol). If I tan for two days or more the color deepens even more and it's a dramatic change from winter-me.

NOPE. I hate tanning. I wear spf on my face and hands every day, and if I'm out in a bathing suit, I slather it on and spend most of my time under an umbrella. I swim for exercise, but at an indoor pool. There is no worse way to age than by something that can be easily prevented, imo. I see my aunts who are younger than my mom that spent their whole lives trying to be tan, and they look about 10 years older than their older sister! No thanks. 

Pasty and proud! I love my fair skin. I've never been in a tanning bed, and when I go out to the beach or the pool I make sure I slather on a ton of sunscreen. I've found that I can get pretty tan naturally, but I prefer not to. I don't use self tanners, and the only thing I use bronzers for is blush replacements during the summer and occassionally as a contour. 

I have never and will never tan intentionally. I'm super pale and stay that way even though I do spend a lot of time outside with my kiddo.

Not at all. I have fair skin and really don't even tan.  I turn red instead, so I just get what I do on my face and arms from being outside/

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I avoid the sun with a passion. Won't use self-tanner...hell, don't even like bronzer.

I think it was growing up in the South and reading GWTW a fewwwww too many times that convinced me that the perfect look for me is dark hair and the palest skin possible.
I'm northern and wasn't influenced by GWTW, but other than that, this is exactly my sentiments.  I have dark brown hair, nw15 skin and light blue eyes; I like the contrast.

i NEED to tan. i'm like the lightest shade there is in makeup (well, maybe i'm exaggerating...lol)

i like tanning, naturally though, no tanning booths. i've never been to one of those, but they are

suppose to be not so good for your skin, so i'd rather not. being outside and getting a nice color

is good. sometimes the sun just feel so good on my skin! :)

I love tanning- I find it relaxing.  However, since I don't want to damage my skin too much, I don't really do it anymore.

Latest posts

Back