QOTD March 10, 2012: What Food Did You Used To Hate As A Kid But Now You Like?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What goods did you used to hate but now you love?

Me?  I was a picky kid.  There were tons of foods I wouldn't eat.  Now, I love them.  I wouldn't eat mushrooms and brussel sprouts.  Mushrooms because of the colour and brussel sprouts because they were gross.  I now sautee the brussel sprouts in butter and garlic and they are delicious.  

Sour cream, any kind of lettuce, asparagus, tomatoes, oh, and I feel like there's something else, but those are a few I can remember.

Oddly enough, I LOVED mushrooms when I was little. Whenever we got pizza ordered in, all I wanted were mushrooms on it. I would eat them raw all the time! Somewhere along the way, I started hating them, and I still hate them. Not sure why, lol.

Onions and bell peppers. I'd spit them into my napkin as a kid. Love them now.

Mushrooms!

I used to pick them out of everything (my mom loved to cook with them)- I thought they were the nastiest thing that could ever possibly exist.  But now I can't get enough of them!

I used to hate peppers in general, but bell peppers especially.  Now, I love the spicy kick and in the case of bell peppers, the aroma and texture they provide to food.

Definitely spinach! Now I love it and eat it raw all of the time... so weird. 

Bananas were another one. I ate it when I got to college and wondered why the hell I avoided them!

Pretty much anything and everything. I was such a picky eater as a kid. Now I'll almost eat anything. Except kimchi, I still HATE kimchi. Yuck. I haven't eaten it as an adult, but ew.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sour cream, any kind of lettuce, asparagus, tomatoes, oh, and I feel like there's something else, but those are a few I can remember.

Oddly enough, I LOVED mushrooms when I was little. Whenever we got pizza ordered in, all I wanted were mushrooms on it. I would eat them raw all the time! Somewhere along the way, I started hating them, and I still hate them. Not sure why, lol.

I've always love mushrooms too!  All of my friends used to think they were gross:D

I have to make a list because I was a really picky kid!

Mashed potatoes

green beans

peas

croutons

broccoli (but I still hate it...)

breaded chicken

For me it's

Coconut
Steak
Grilled Fish
Asparagus
Raw Spinach
Onions (to an extent)
Banana Peppers
Cucumbers
Peas
Raw vegetables of any sort really

Peas and bananas without having even tried them. Now I eat them and maybe bananas are my favourite fruit.

Latest posts

Back