QOTD March 22, 2012: What Are Some Of Your Career Goals?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What kind of job are you hoping to get or position that you are working towards?  What is your ideal job?

Currently, I work in a call center. Nothing exciting about that. I've held a variety of jobs prior to this one, some more fulfilling than others. Surprisingly, when I HAD my "dream job", writing about music, it wound up putting me off of music for quite a while. I guess I learned that I can't make my passion into a job, because it then reduces what I originally loved about it.

I'm in school to get my RN degree. Eventually I'd like to be either a midwife or nurse practitioner. 

I'm currently doing the prereq's to get into nursing school (RN, and then to BSN at least). Though I am starting to second guess myself. If successful, I'd love to work in the ER. I've changed my major at least 3 times though (got an AS for one of those majors, but none of the credits transfer due to being from a trade school), so who knows? Hopefully I can find something that is my real ideal.

I currently work at a professional association in member services. I'd like to advance here and eventually be the big boss at a nonprofit. :p 

I'm currently working on my MA. Originally I wanted to go on and get my PhD right after, but right now I'm not sure about it. After I finish up next May, I'll probably try and see if I can get a job working at a law enforcement agency. I'll try that out for a few years, and if I still feel the itch to go back to school, I think I'll do it then! I just want to try out working in the real world for awhile!

Latest posts

Back