QOTD March 3, 2012: What Do You Do/Make Yourself To Save Money?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everyone has their DIY projects to save some $.  Some cut/colour their own hair.  Some make bread or do their own renovations.  What do you do yourself to save $?

Me?  I cut my own hair.  Recently, I'm trying to make my own yogurt and fresh cheese :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not the queen of DIY although I am experimenting with some NYX pigments to duplicate Lorac 3D Lustre (how tough can it be? It just seems to be pigment suspended in water!)

I cut my own hair or ask a friend to do it for me, and I sew/patch/glue/duct tape everything up before spending money to replace it.  I guess I don't make very much by myself, but I find ways to make things last as long as possible.

And, it's not a DIY or anything, but whenever possible I make myself use cash instead of a card, I find that I am a lot more careful with my spending!

I cut my own hair, too! The biggest money saver, though, has been using and washing cloth diapers. My kiddo is 2.5 (and still refusing to use the potty. ugh!), and I'm thinking cloth diapering has saved us at least $2k.

I do my own manis and pedis and pluck my own eyebrows! I've saved so much money since I've started doing these things myself. 

I make my own laundry detergent and dish soap. I repurpose old clothing that I no longer use into other things such as washcloths and pillowcases.

I grow my own herbs and can like mad woman instead of relying on processed food. 

I do my nails and makeup, make my own accessories and sometimes have my sister dye my hair. I wish I could cut my own hair but it's too risky, I cut my bangs though.

Latest posts

Back