QOTD October 28, 2012 Do you believe psychics and mediums are for real?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought this would be a fun question, with Halloween right around the corner. The Sylvia Brown's and Long Island Mediums of the world, real deals or hoaxes? Critics and skeptics would say they're charlatans and hustlers, able to do cold readings and make lucky guesses. Believers say these people are truly gifted and able to reach beyond the grave, offering insight and glimpse into the unknown or in-between...what do you think?

There are shysters but there are legitimate phychics and mediums.  Most of those are quiet about their gifts.  

My great grandmother had such gifts and some of that has been past thru our family.  

I just thought this interesting..although Halloween has now past...I went to see someone local to me in Jan 2012 who has been reading people for years. It was my first time and I had an open mind. Amongst other spooky stuff she told me that by May I'd be expecting and Id find pregnancy great, no sickness etc. Now, me and my partner have been trying for years and we had decided it wasn't happening and were looking into adoption...Slap bang on May 1st I wasn't feeling well and BAM! I'm now 33 weeks and I've been feeling great all way through. My mum decided it would be "fun" to see her again last week...I was a bit more weary coz I thought she might remember me or tell me something horrid about the birth. Again amongst other spooky stuff that she had absolutely no way of knowing, she told me I would not go full term, that something will shift the baby and he will be ready to make his appearance early dec (my 35week) She even went onto say he'd be 8lb and I'd have a 4 hour labor! We know it's a boy but I've packed my bags just incase!! Don't know how she does it but she won me over first time! :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought this would be a fun question, with Halloween right around the corner. The Sylvia Brown's and Long Island Mediums of the world, real deals or hoaxes? Critics and skeptics would say they're charlatans and hustlers, able to do cold readings and make lucky guesses. Believers say these people are truly gifted and able to reach beyond the grave, offering insight and glimpse into the unknown or in-between...what do you think?
I think there are some that are real and some that are hoaxes. I remember Sylvia Brown and think she's legitimate while LIM (can't think of her real name) is a fraud (she does way too much fishing and guessing).

Back