Qualifications for MAC PPID Program

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought you may be interested in seeing this. I'm going to a MAC Pro store next week and inquire about receiving the PPID card. I don't know why I haven't done this sooner, I never sent my application in. Anyway, here's the qualifications. A ppid card refers to a special identification and discount card issued by mac to professionals and persons working in certain industries ... the most commonly known is the mac pro ppid (mac pro preferred professional industry discount card) and the other card is the mac ipid (mac industry preferred industry discount card) ... the ppid card requires an annual fee of $35 while the ipid is free ... the professional preferred program is open to persons who are professionals in industries promoting the art of makeup (i.e. makeup artists, actors, dancers, models, persons with cosmetology licenses, etc.) ... the industry preferred program is open to persons who work in the beauty, fashion and entertainment industries supporting the art of makeup (i.e. beauty and fashion press, p.r. and publicity fields, agents, fashion designers, photographers, directors, and producers) ... aside from a myraid of benefits (collection previews, classes, events, etc.) id card holders also receive a special discount on purchases ... mac makup artists receive 60%, non-mac makeup artists receive 40%, other ppid card holders 30%, and industry preferred 20% ... to obtain a mac preferred id card, you must apply and fill out the appropriate form (either pp or ip), and attach two forms of identification, plus proof of eligibility (all of which are listed on the form) ... since the discount is higher on the ppid card, a membership fee of $35 is access each year ... the industry preferred card is free, but must also be renewed annually ... once you have completed the appropriate form, attached the proper copies, and enclosed your fee (if applicable) ... the package should be submitted to mac (by mail or fax) ... it generally takes 6 weeks to process

You can get all the info here
smile.gif

http://www.maccosmetics.com/customer..._services.tmpl

I recieved my MAC Pro card in the mail and I am on the MAC Pro site now. Oh wow...
icon_biggrin.gif
too many goodies to get.

i was denied, which really pissed me off, because i do qualify. id mostly like to see the pro site. the former password leaked, and everyone and their brother could see it. theres a new password that hasnt been spread around yet. anyways, the customer service person who handled my application inquiry was very rude, and treated me like i was a nobody and didnt deserve one. i practically had to beg her to consider that i did in fact qualify.

that stinks Jasmine b/c you do qualify. this is just another reason why i don't support MAC. i haven't had problems w/their CS, but others (including yourself) haven't been so lucky.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki I recieved my MAC Pro card in the mail and I am on the MAC Pro site now. Oh wow...
icon_biggrin.gif
too many goodies to get. Oh wow, how cool is that.. Imagine getting all the MAC products for 30% less, i'd be in dream heaven!

Originally Posted by laura127 Oh wow, how cool is that.. Imagine getting all the MAC products for 30% less, i'd be in dream heaven! Actually I get 40% off.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Jasmine, that is crazy. I just knew I would get denied. What did you send it? They have a whole list of stuff to pick, you have to choose 2.

Are you a makeup artist? Why would they say you don't qualify?

Originally Posted by haloinrverse i was denied, which really pissed me off, because i do qualify. id mostly like to see the pro site. the former password leaked, and everyone and their brother could see it. theres a new password that hasnt been spread around yet. anyways, the customer service person who handled my application inquiry was very rude, and treated me like i was a nobody and didnt deserve one. i practically had to beg her to consider that i did in fact qualify.

niki, i cant remember what i picked, but i know there was no reason to be turned down.

pnkcosmo, im really not sure why i was turned down. all i know is that i shouldnt have been. i dont know if the same rude woman i emailed with handled my application, because she was the one who didnt think i was fit for membership.

i am a makeup artist, and i do get paid specifically to make people over (among other things.)

Originally Posted by haloinrverse niki, i cant remember what i picked, but i know there was no reason to be turned down.
pnkcosmo, im really not sure why i was turned down. all i know is that i shouldnt have been. i dont know if the same rude woman i emailed with handled my application, because she was the one who didnt think i was fit for membership.

i am a makeup artist, and i do get paid specifically to make people over (among other things.)

Have one faxed or mailed to you. Try again. When I kept calling about my status, they said I wasn't in the system. I called on Friday, some lady said the same thing, she sounded rude but then it was in my mail box the next day.
I just picked resume, headshot and business card. I lost my paper work to send in to get my license (here in Maryland you need a license) and Clinique wouldn't send me another copy. So I just took a shot and sent in what I could.

oh, i had an app mailed to me and did the whole song and dance. i never heard back, so i emailed and was told i was denied. thanks for the encouragement, though. i think ill try again.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse oh, i had an app mailed to me and did the whole song and dance. i never heard back, so i emailed and was told i was denied. thanks for the encouragement, though. i think ill try again. Yes try again. Don't give up.
icon_smile.gif

I had emailed them and Janice Samways emailed me back. She was really nice. Email her [email protected] She is the Assistant Manager of membership.

ok, janice was the one i mailed with about application.....the one who didnt think i even qualified to apply. sigh.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse ok, janice was the one i mailed with about application.....the one who didnt think i even qualified to apply. sigh. oh gee...
icon_sad.gif

But do try again.

Hmmm, I wish I could do this. If I were to go through the Beauty Advisor training process (from AVON) I would get a certificate stating I can do makeovers (etc). Though I sadly can't afford it, training costs a lot and I don't sell enough or make enough. But, then again I wonder if I'd be able to qualify for either of those cards as a BA anyway.

Originally Posted by Pinktronic Hmmm, I wish I could do this. If I were to go through the Beauty Advisor training process (from AVON) I would get a certificate stating I can do makeovers (etc). Though I sadly can't afford it, training costs a lot and I don't sell enough or make enough. But, then again I wonder if I'd be able to qualify for either of those cards as a BA anyway. Do what I did. Send in a make up resume, business card stating you are a make up artist and a headshot (make sure it's black and white).

Latest posts

Back