Question about dieting

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I usually comsume around 1500 calories a day. If I were to change my normal eating habits, which arent that great to eating only fresh foods like salads, yogurt, pudding, fruits, veggies and grilled chicken. Would I lose weight? If I still take in 1500 calories from the new eating habit will I lose weight? or do i have to change my eating habit plus minus a few hundred calories?

you would normally need to burn more calories than you consume. but what you eat has an effect on whether you lose or gain as well, b/c there are foods that can help you burn calories and foods that cause you to retain water and gain weight. so if you changed your eating habits to healthier foods that will help increase your metabolism and burn fat you should still lose weight. try to throw in a little exercise with it and you should see great results.
icon_biggrin.gif

I agree with devin...you really need to burn more than you consume...usually they say when you start trying to lose weight take in 500 calories less than you normally do in a day, but it's not really healthy to go below 1200. Changing what you eat will certainly help, but the proper way to lose weight is by healthy eating AND exercise. Most people get lazy with the exercise, but it really is the best habit to start.

I reckon you would lose weight, becuase if you eat all that healthy food you mentioned you will basically be eating natural and raw foods and your body will detoxify and you will notice a difference and you will glow
smile.gif

Envymi is right. To lose about a pound a week, depends on the person of course, one should cut down their caloric intake by 500 calories a day. If you're already at 1500 a day, I wouldn't cut down much more than that. Your body needs calories and nourishment every day to function and keep healthy.

Eating healthier is good to do, regardless of whether you're trying to lose weight or not. Eat more fruits and vegetables, definitely incorporate more lean protein into your diet and exercise, exercise, exercise. If you're not the work out type, there are small things you can do to be more active. Walk more, take steps instead of the elevator, lift small weights or just move around your house some more. Even vacuuming the house burns calories. I'll tell you walking briskly even a few times aweek for 30 minutes will make a difference.

Latest posts

Back