Question About Laptops

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm here, now. LOL

Was out all day. I downloaded your video and sound and It's hard to hear but I cranked it up and at 00:03 I can hear some funky sound going on, clicking and a whirling sound. Sounds like your fan to me. You may have gotten something in the fan. You having Vista tells me that the laptop is under 9 months old, that's not old all at all. Unless you upgraded it yourself. First of all, I would contact where you bought it.

The fan will run when there is excess CPU(Central Processing Unit) load on it...running games, or opening many programs/windows at once. The CPU is the main PUMP or engine for the laptop. Using too much memory (RAM or Hard drive) really isn't a call for the fan to run at high speed. The MUT server has 2 CPUS
wink.gif

Sounds like at 00:03 the fan runs up and then back down at 00:11, is that right?

It's not out of the ordinary that fans run up and down on laptops, especially with shitty Vista and it's high use of the GPU.

BTW, did I hear a little fart at 00:10? lol

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif BTW, did I hear a little fart at 00:10? lol

LOOL
add_wegbrech.gif

Not helping at all here, sorry celly lol.

HAHA! Punk. No fart noise - whatever noise you heard was from the laptop or moving the lap...you know what, I'm not going to explain myself. I didn't fart, period. Haha.

I bought the laptop online through Walmart. There has been regular noise the lappy made ever since I got it and it's a very low noise made when opening up a program and such. And I never upgraded the software to Vista...

...as of right now, I left it alone and no noise. Minute I open MUT - the noise came on.

I might just take it to the shop and ask them to clean the fan out because it's starting to bug me now. My friend told me to buy a cooling pad since placing the laptop on my bed is a bad idea and prolly what caused my problem.

So getting a larger ram/hard drive will not help lower the usage of cpu?

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HAHA! Punk. No fart noise - whatever noise you heard was from the laptop or moving the lap...you know what, I'm not going to explain myself. I didn't fart, period. Haha. LOL ok. Hey don't forget one thing, we all fart...some more than others
wink.gif
LOL

...as of right now, I left it alone and no noise. Minute I open MUT - the noise came on.

Quote:

I might just take it to the shop and ask them to clean the fan out because it's starting to bug me now. My friend told me to buy a cooling pad since placing the laptop on my bed is a bad idea and prolly what caused my problem.

Yea, that might be a good idea if the noise is something new. YEs, putting your laptop on the bed will make it hotter. Usually laptops have two places where air comes in, the bottom when the bottom isn't blocked, and the side when the bottom is blocked(IE your laptop on bed when farting err I mean surfing)

Quote:

A little, but prolly not noticeable with the money spent.

Alrighty. I'm taking it to the shop soon.

Thanks a lot for the help.
biggrin.gif

I know deep down it's the MUT Pr0n brought on by you, Tony.
waccha.gif

It's okay, I still heart you.

My macbook used to get really heated when I used it on my bed or a surface that wasn't sturdy. In reading some support forums, the laptops need to be on a study surface (desk, table, etc) so that the fan and the vents work properly and it keeps the machine cool.

The fan maybe be clogged with dust and hairs (small)

Ifg it makes the noise when u pull up mut that sounds hard drive like .. do u defrag?

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif HAHA! Punk. No fart noise - whatever noise you heard was from the laptop or moving the lap...you know what, I'm not going to explain myself. I didn't fart, period. Haha.
I bought the laptop online through Walmart. There has been regular noise the lappy made ever since I got it and it's a very low noise made when opening up a program and such. And I never upgraded the software to Vista...

Back