Question about Philosophy Hope in a Jar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys use this stuff.. now.. I have been using it for a week and my skin is peeling a little and I'm getting little pimples. I hear nothing but good news about this stuff, so I am wondering what's up. I read that it's a gentle exfoliating treatment, so maybe my skin will peel for a little while? I know that Clinique's Turnaround Creme made me break out because my skin was purging the bad stuff. I dunno.. ahhh! I just want to have nice skin.
icon_mad.gif

i absolutely loathe hope in a jar. its one of the two philosophy products ive tried. (the other one was the something or other cleanser.) i used hope in a jar 2x a day for two days to get through my sample, and i dont know why i bothered. it smelled really rank. not like anything in particular, just like gross lotiony chemicals. i did notice some peeling, but i just assumed that it wasnt giving me enough moisture and my winter skin was just dry.

Update: My skin is getting better! No more peelies and the pimples are kinda going away. We will see in another few days. I know the smell is gross, but it's a medicated moisturizer, so I guess it just smells like meds.
icon_smile.gif

Great news! Love to hear that your skin is doing better

Originally Posted by Scarlette

Update: My skin is getting better! No more peelies and the pimples are kinda going away. We will see in another few days. I know the smell is gross, but it's a medicated moisturizer, so I guess it just smells like meds.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha It does smell medicated (because it is!), but this type of cream is better for us Oily/Acne prone gals!! x

T x

I'm sure it works 'cos Trisha always looks gorgeous, but when I tried it on the back of my hand I thought it smelt mingin'. It had me scurrying across to Origins to sniff a jar of Night-a-mins
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I've been using it since last December and have noticed my skin is less oily now and my fndt stays on better (i do use LM primer tho).
It is intended for use day & night and if you use the correct amount, 1 jar should last you about 6 months!

I also use the Hope In A Jar Eye & Lip Firming Cream, which i love too! x

It does smell medicated (because it is!), but this type of cream is better for us Oily/Acne prone gals!! x

T x

Yeah! I am less oily too! It sucks the oil outta me. I also think that the foundation looks/stays on better. I don't use a primer anymore, I was using Dr. Feelgood, but I don't these days. Lip Firming? What the heck? I don't know what lip firming does. =)

Latest posts

Back