Question about Roc?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted to ask anyone who use's the skincare line Roc, if they know anything about their Protient Lift face lifting cream? My friend of 54 recently got this cream as a gift but she is unsure how this should be used? I was telling her about MuT and trying to help give her a little advice about her skin.She has never really thought much about skincare and from what she tells me she has only ever used Nivea or Astral face creams.(i am trying to convert her...lol) I gave her a few bits (Gale Hayman)and pieces to help her get started and as she was concerned about her 'jowls' and general skintone.She actually has an important event coming up (which is why i was trying to help her) but she is unsure how to use this 'face lifting cream by Roc'. I suggested she just applies it like a normal moisturiser and then apply a little makeup on top, keeping it soft and natural looking and applying some nice lip gloss? I am not sure about this product myself as i have never used that particular brand before.Any tips and does anyone know a product that would work for her in a hot climate (holiday's)? Anyone got any tips?

ManY Thanks.

PS, the Gale Hayman products did not give the results she needs,and the lady is working on a tight budget but is desperate to look good for her 2 week hioliday.I need help to advise her.please help.(i dont want to let her down)

I don't use the one you listed but I do have ROC Wrinkle Creme for night. It's a thin skinny tube and I got it at Duane Reade (my home away from home)
icon_redface.gif

It's alright. Its not super-moisturizing, and its not greasy. I don't notice any reduction in wrinkles not that I expected that to happen anyway.

Thanks Amethyst,

I am very grateful you took a few moments to reply,its very much appreciated.The Roc you have in the skinny tube sounds similar to the one she has but for day. I am not sure it actually is 'Face Lift' cream as i thought it might be, perhaps it's just more of a 'Firming' cream. I suppose i will have to do some research into skincare for skin over 50 (after all we will all be that age someday) and it would interesting to see what women over 50 would want in a product. I think most of the products on the market are geared towards teenager's and up, but there seems to be big gap for women after they go through the menopause.I find this very sad. Anyway, thanks for getting back to me.Ime sure we will come up with something for her.I was perhaps thinking of something i saw on QVC called Genie line smoother or something.Mabe that would be suitable. Thanks againXxX

Well I'm in my 40's, so if a wrinkle creme is created that actually works, I'll be one of the first on line to buy it.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

good luck in your search!

I also have the ROC night cream and I like it. I'm not currently using it but when I did I would wake up with a nice even toned skin in the morning. I've heard that ROC is a good line and the deep-wrinkle cream has been voted one of the best anti-wrinkle creams. She might want to give it a try and see. She can just use it like a moisturizer. I know Lancome also has some creams that are geared towards women in their 40-50s. L'Oreal creams are similar to Lancome since they are owned by the same company so if she is on a tight budget she might want to look into L'Oreal creams. My mom used Lancome for years and she definitely doesn't look like her age. She has less wrinkles than I do. Lately she has been using just drugstore products mainly Lumene which is also available now here in the US and her skin still looks great. It must be all those years of taking a good care of her skin that are paying off now.

Thanks Reija and Amethyst,

I will tell her about Loreal's skincare line.When you mentioned that Reija it triggered a memory of an advert i had seen on tv from Loreal.They have a moisturiser (like you mentioned) that gives 'DENSITY' i must look at that line.

I think it's brilliant that your Mother has fantastic skin and i do strongly agree that if you take care of your skin when you are young and right through your 20's 30's 40's etc, it will look good when you are 50!

Thanks for the advice
smile.gif

I applied the ROC facelift cream and although it firmed her skin up (i don't think it is 'strong' enough to lift the 'wrinkles' so i can get a good base for her to show her how to do a nice look for her holiday.I think i am going to need an industrial product like Genie line smoother, just to firm and tone the skin enough to work on.I am worried i don't keep advising her to get products that don't 'work' for her, but am very grateful someone has taken the time to answer my post and dilemma. I will let you know how i get on.Thanks again.

What I like about ROC is that it doesn't make your face feel greasy. I have an oily t-zone even though I have few wrinkles (40plus skin). I still get breakouts on my chin, forehead and around my mouth if my pores get clogged.

Latest posts

Back