Question about using pigments as liners

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am having trouble using my MAC pigments as eyeliners. I spray Make Up Forever's Fix Spray on my brush and then dip it into the pigment. It doesn't stay at all! What can I use to help them go on smoothly and stay put?

I just use water
frown.gif
works fine for me

nixweiss.gif
i apply my e/s base (udpp) then wet my brush, dip it in the pigments and it works fine with me.

i just dip a liner brush into the piggie.

then to make it like a h2o-proof liner, i use the trish mcevoy version of the UP product mentioned above.

Ditto on water always being enough for me. I've also heard to use Visine. You could always see about using MAC's water-based or eyeliner Mixing Medium (available at Pro stores).

The eyeliner one is described as:

Quote:
A colorless, translucent mixing medium that can be mixed with pigments and glitter to create unique customized eyeliner shades. Contains Vitamins A, C and E to buffer the delicate skin around the eye area from environmental aggression. Non-irritating and suitable for all skin types. Water-based is described as: Quote:
Formula to dilute and mix with M·A·C powder or liquid makeup. Used to create effects from sheer to opaque. Perfect to decorate the face or body. Created for those who like to design their own shades and colours. Mix with pigments and powders to create anything from full, opaque coverage to sheer. Useful for adhering M·A·C Glitter to the skin.

I've either used plain water or La Femme eyeliner sealant.

I picked up the UD eyeshadow transforming potion for $6 at Cosmetic Market in NYC but it sucked. The brush was hard to use and cleaning the pigment off was a pain. And then of course it also caused a burning sensation in my eyes after I applied.

To make it go on more smoothly mix *whatever your using* with the piggy first, in the lid. Only use a tiny droplet so it forms a creamy [non chunky] paste.

I use eye drops and that seems to work better than water, for me. And if I apply my UDPP first then it stays all day! HTH. =]

Here's Blue Storm piggy mixed with eye drops..

BlueStormPiggy.jpg

I do have some Visine, so I'll try that. If it doesn't work, I'll get the eyeliner mixing medium. Thanks ladies!

I use udpp, water or eye drops or whatever, and an eyeliner brush. I don't have any problems with it. Don't really have any other suggestions except for trying the eyeshadow to eyeliner transformer stuff. I think too faced has one too.

Too Faced DOES have one and its awesome!!!! what i think is really remarkable is that you put it back in the tube and its all funky colored, and the next time you go to use it, its clear again!!!

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Urban Decay Primer Potion
wink.gif
thanks, i'll be sure to write that down somewhere so i don't forget..
wink.gif
lol

Originally Posted by Shanelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif To make it go on more smoothly mix *whatever your using* with the piggy first, in the lid. Only use a tiny droplet so it forms a creamy [non chunky] paste.I use eye drops and that seems to work better than water, for me. And if I apply my UDPP first then it stays all day! HTH. =]

Here's Blue Storm piggy mixed with eye drops..

http://xs219.xs.to/xs219/07383/BlueStormPiggy.jpg

what type of brush did you use?

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif what type of brush did you use? Mac's 266.

I use water or MAC's water-based Mixing Medium - though to be honest water works just as well for me. I put a drop into a lid or on my hand, then add the piggie to it to make a paste. I find this works better than just wetting the brush and putting it in the piggy, which not only may add water to your jar but doesn't mix properly so you get clumpy pigment on your lashline.

Latest posts

Back